Tuffset Bridge

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
GreenKnee
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Tuffset Bridge

Post by GreenKnee » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:09 am

Brilliant stuff, thanks for the update!
I'll definitely be pre ordering one to check it out. I don't actually have a guitar in need of a new bridge currently, but that could always change...

michel v
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by michel v » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:39 am

Deed_Poll wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:04 am
If you’re on the list, come Tuesday the 5th you will receive a link to pre-order your own Tuffset Bridge with a discount code that will let you secure the bridge for a once-in-a-lifetime price.
I signed up for the mailing list a couple of months ago, but I didn't get a confirmation, is that normal?
I don't want to miss any of this :D

Deed_Poll
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Deed_Poll » Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:21 am

mekhem wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:21 am
Excellent!
GreenKnee wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:09 am
Brilliant stuff, thanks for the update!
I'll definitely be pre ordering one to check it out. I don't actually have a guitar in need of a new bridge currently, but that could always change...
Cheers guys! :-*
michel v wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:39 am
Deed_Poll wrote:
If you’re on the list, come Tuesday the 5th you will receive a link to pre-order your own Tuffset Bridge with a discount code that will let you secure the bridge for a once-in-a-lifetime price.
I signed up for the mailing list a couple of months ago, but I didn't get a confirmation, is that normal?
I don't want to miss any of this :D
Hey Michel!! Yes you are definitely on the list, can't wait to hear what you think of it!

Also spoiler alert since it's you - the Tuffset Demo guitar for the show might be a thinline GF Joyrider... ;)
Creator of the Tuffset Bridge - Locked & Ready to Rock!
www.tuffsetbridge.com ◈ @tuffsetbridge

Owner Operator of GuitarForm - Custom Offset Guitar Bodies
www.guitarform.com ◈ @guitar_form

michel v
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by michel v » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:37 pm

Ha, I just received an email from Tuffset!
Deed_Poll wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:21 am
Also spoiler alert since it's you - the Tuffset Demo guitar for the show might be a thinline GF Joyrider... ;)
...that would be an excellent choice 8)

OffYourFace
Mods
Mods

Post by OffYourFace » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:40 pm

I can’t wait!

RominRonin
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by RominRonin » Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:44 pm

Deed_Poll wrote:

I’m looking forward to this very much. Fortunately I just so happen to be working on two guitars right now, I’m on a budget but if the price is right, this is my clear preference.

Either way I hope it’s a success. I really don’t get the hype for the mastery bridge, and would love to see it usurped by the Tuffset.

Deed_Poll
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Deed_Poll » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:42 am

Hello all,

Six days to launch! Today, let's talk about engineering 🔧

Every bespoke component of the Tuffset Bridge is precision-milled from billet Stainless Steel. Nothing is cast, pressed, stamped, plated or folded.

And no springs attached!

We don’t just have a bridge plate - we have a bridge chassis!

Milled from a single chunk of quarter-inch thick 304 Stainless, it is the rigid spine of the Tuffset bridge to which every other component locks - and despite this vastly superior rigidity, we’ve been able to package the engineering so efficiently that all the core measurements leave you with more room to manoeuvre when setting up a challenging Offset, not less.

For example, the string profile of the bridge is lower than a vintage Offset bridge, meaning the same setup gives you more space under the bridge plate - so if your current bridge is set low and rubs on the top surface of the pickguard, there’s a good chance the Tuffset will clear it without resorting to a shim.

The bridge without optional Dust Cover Screws installed

Another example is the intonation range. Since the Tuffset’s thick chassis and patented locking system don’t require folded edges or flimsy springs to hold the components in one piece, it achieves an intonation adjustment range of 11mm - double the functional range of a traditional Offset bridge - despite sitting on the same footprint. I'm hoping this will prove to be useful for Bass VI players (though I'm still unsure precisely how heavier VI strings will perform in the string slot, and intend to find out this weekend).

The locking posts tell the same story. The inner posts are 30% larger in diameter than other bridges, yet higher quality metallurgy lets us engineer the outer posts smaller in diameter, freeing up rocking range.

A huge amount of effort has been expended to make these small improvements (and countless others like them) not only improve the sound and performance of the guitar, but to improve the Offset quality of life.

Cheers!

gibs
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by gibs » Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:43 am

Deed_Poll wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:42 am
Hello all,

Six days to launch! Today, let's talk about engineering 🔧

Every bespoke component of the Tuffset Bridge is precision-milled from billet Stainless Steel. Nothing is cast, pressed, stamped, plated or folded.

And no springs attached!

We don’t just have a bridge plate - we have a bridge chassis!

Milled from a single chunk of quarter-inch thick 304 Stainless, it is the rigid spine of the Tuffset bridge to which every other component locks - and despite this vastly superior rigidity, we’ve been able to package the engineering so efficiently that all the core measurements leave you with more room to manoeuvre when setting up a challenging Offset, not less.

For example, the string profile of the bridge is lower than a vintage Offset bridge, meaning the same setup gives you more space under the bridge plate - so if your current bridge is set low and rubs on the top surface of the pickguard, there’s a good chance the Tuffset will clear it without resorting to a shim.

The bridge without optional Dust Cover Screws installed

Another example is the intonation range. Since the Tuffset’s thick chassis and patented locking system don’t require folded edges or flimsy springs to hold the components in one piece, it achieves an intonation adjustment range of 11mm - double the functional range of a traditional Offset bridge - despite sitting on the same footprint. I'm hoping this will prove to be useful for Bass VI players (though I'm still unsure precisely how heavier VI strings will perform in the string slot, and intend to find out this weekend).

The locking posts tell the same story. The inner posts are 30% larger in diameter than other bridges, yet higher quality metallurgy lets us engineer the outer posts smaller in diameter, freeing up rocking range.

A huge amount of effort has been expended to make these small improvements (and countless others like them) not only improve the sound and performance of the guitar, but to improve the Offset quality of life.

Cheers!
Just to be certain as I havent seen a lot of talk on it, but these do have individual height adjustment as well correct? I’ve got a build I’m still gathering material for, but the neck is compound radius with 16” at the 22nd fret, so need something that isn’t 7.25 or 9.5 fixed.

RominRonin
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by RominRonin » Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:36 pm

gibs wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:43 am
Just to be certain as I havent seen a lot of talk on it, but these do have individual height adjustment as well correct? I’ve got a build I’m still gathering material for, but the neck is compound radius with 16” at the 22nd fret, so need something that isn’t 7.25 or 9.5 fixed.
It is fully adjustable, yes. Go and check the first page on this thread for more details, the 4th post has what you’re looking for, with pictures 8)

gibs
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by gibs » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:40 pm

RominRonin wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:36 pm
gibs wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:43 am
It is fully adjustable, yes. Go and check the first page on this thread for more details, the 4th post has what you’re looking for, with pictures 8)
Thanks, the one thing I’m just now realizing, I haven’t found any mention of e to E spacing, I’d assume modern 2 1/8, but not sure.

Deed_Poll
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Deed_Poll » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:30 pm

Hey Gibs!

Indeed, the saddles are individually height-adjustable and locking. The string spacing is 52mm - and if you have a Warmoth neck, those end up at around 18" radius at the bridge, which is comfortably within the adjustment range!

Cheers

rank
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by rank » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:43 pm

It looks great! I can't wait to try it out!
We are merely moving shadows.

Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:36 am

I got the email, and I am already drooling. This thing is absolutely amazing.

Sorry I forgot to text you back yet Dan! This week has kinda sucked!
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384

OffYourFace
Mods
Mods

Post by OffYourFace » Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:14 pm

Deed_Poll wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:42 am
let's talk about engineering 🔧
Hi Daniel, I have a question. I'd like to know about the nuts on the bottom. Is it possible that they'll fall out of you adjust the screw too far? I can't really tell what's going on from the pics but that was the only part I was unclear on. I apologize if you explained this and I missed it.

gibs
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by gibs » Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:45 am

Anybody go today to get an idea what retail will be? Waiting on my final batch of purchases in order to know if this is gonna be in the budget or not.