NGGD: Hahn 112

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: NGGD: Hahn 112

Post by Larry Mal » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:16 pm

Nice. I like the American made construction I'm seeing there.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

wproffitt
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by wproffitt » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:22 pm

This is a really cool looking guitar! I have a Fralin biscuit style pickup in the neck position of my Prairiewood Fox and all I have to say is that man can wind pickups. I’m sure those P90s in your Hahn sound glorious! Enjoy it!

kamillebidan
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by kamillebidan » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:49 pm

Damn that thing looks fantastic! I bet it plays super smoothly too.

Haha, it's funny I kinda had a desire to have a sort of Walter Becker tribute guitar after going through the SD discog for the 100th time right as the lockdown began and then went deeper into Becker's first solo album (underrated as hell).

I drooled over the WB Sadowsky model, and then the Hahn! Maybe one day I'll have one! Congrats!

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:06 pm

Larry Mal wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:16 pm
Chihoe is one of the best builders in America.
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:25 pm

Maggieo wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:06 pm
Larry Mal wrote:
America. Fuck yeah.

Glad to see you and Walter coming around on this. From the way he was always singing about Asia I assumed that y'all would just get Asian made guitars and shit.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:33 am

Larry Mal wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:25 pm
Maggieo wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:06 pm
Larry Mal wrote:
America. Fuck yeah.

Glad to see you and Walter coming around on this. From the way he was always singing about Asia I assumed that y'all would just get Asian made guitars and shit.
I have no problem with my Eastman T64v. Or my MIJ Teles. But maybe that's because I think of all of humanity as one big family and like to spread my love and $$$ around. God knows, I've spent loads of cash on American made stuff over the years.

As for Walter, you should check out the Electric Guitar special issue of The Fretboard Journal. Did you know that Walter would buy nstruments, amps and pedals from folks like Chihoe and Rick Kelly, always at full price. Sometimes, he'd buy all of the shop guitars (the ones in stock, not the custom orders) all at once. Chihoe credits Becker with making Hahn Guitars a viable company. Walter be a good guy.

And please, don't turn this into another thread about where guitars are built. We know how you feel. No need for it here. Let me just enjoy my new guitar. And my other ones.
Last edited by Maggieo on Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:41 am

kamillebidan wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:49 pm
Damn that thing looks fantastic! I bet it plays super smoothly too.

Haha, it's funny I kinda had a desire to have a sort of Walter Becker tribute guitar after going through the SD discog for the 100th time right as the lockdown began and then went deeper into Becker's first solo album (underrated as hell).

I drooled over the WB Sadowsky model, and then the Hahn! Maybe one day I'll have one! Congrats!
You know, when I got it, it was pretty messed up- screw heads were partially stripped, the neck was dead straigh and buzzed like crazy, and the pickups were at full height. Oh, and you can see the high e string is top-loaded but none of the others are. I asked the guy I got it from if he restrung it and what was up with the high e. He replied, "Yeah, I was pretty drunk when I did my setup on it."

I tried to fix it, but it turned out to be way above my pay grade. So, I took it to my pal Dustin, and he fixed it right up and now, just like Chihoe intended, it plays like buttah!

Scout
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Scout » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:15 pm

I’m pretty sure Walter spread the love to many makers and shops, I like to look back at the auction listing because of all the cool items, a friend who sold him things said he was a genuine good dude. Love the green ❇️ sparkle.

PixMix
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by PixMix » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:39 pm

That's a gorgeous guitar, love that green flake! HNGD and enjoy it.

Fiddy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Fiddy » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:39 pm

While it might not be the same, patriotism and racism seem to run parallel to each other at times..

If my money can put food on a table next door to me, or across the world from me, then my job is done. At the end of the day, we're all human beings, we all have the very same basic needs.

Back to the thread..

Your guitar has an amazing sparkle finish! 😍

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:49 am

Scout wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:15 pm
I’m pretty sure Walter spread the love to many makers and shops, I like to look back at the auction listing because of all the cool items, a friend who sold him things said he was a genuine good dude. Love the green ❇️ sparkle.
In the latest Fretboard Journal, there's an entire article about how Becker would buy from boutique builders, always at full price, and he loved Hahns!

You know, part of what moved me to trade one of my Kellys, was the green sparkle, which reminds me of Brad's awesome Thinline Telecaster.

Jaguar018
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Jaguar018 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:55 am

I think that is a cool guitar with a great color. I always find it a bit difficult to wrap my head around guitars designed by guitar legends at the tail-end of their careers. Eddie Van Halen is another guy like this. Becker? That guy had a zillion guitars. For people like that, trying to distill all their collective knowledge and experience into one guitar seems like a challenge. Should it be more about the journey (of discovering your tone) instead of the destination (the Swiss-army knife guitar that can do it all)?

That is more of a philosophical question. I feel like I have personally determined that I have my #1 that I can do just about everything I need/want if I had to with my Jaguar. BUT, I just gotta have a few more guitars than that. :shifty:

For example, I have a companion piece to your guitar for the RAWK METALZ.

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:12 am

Jaguar018 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:55 am
I think that is a cool guitar with a great color. I always find it a bit difficult to wrap my head around guitars designed by guitar legends at the tail-end of their careers. Eddie Van Halen is another guy like this. Becker? That guy had a zillion guitars. For people like that, trying to distill all their collective knowledge and experience into one guitar seems like a challenge. Should it be more about the journey (of discovering your tone) instead of the destination (the Swiss-army knife guitar that can do it all)?

That is more of a philosophical question. I feel like I have personally determined that I have my #1 that I can do just about everything I need/want if I had to with my Jaguar. BUT, I just gotta have a few more guitars than that. :shifty:

For example, I have a companion piece to your guitar for the RAWK METALZ.
GAWD THAT HOT!!!! :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*