Post by Embenny » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:11 pm

What's the backstory here?
The artist formerly known as mbene085.

burpgun
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: RIP Fulltone

Post by burpgun » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:36 pm

Looks like the Fulltone owner said some pretty dumb shit about the protest situation here in the U.S. and is now paying for it. I've also become aware that Sweetwater is owned by a guy who donates money to Trump and Republicans, and if that's your thing, go for it. But as much as Sweetwater has been great to do business with, we're done. Any linkage with Trump in anyway is a total deal breaker for me. I've got no dog in the Fulltone fight but what the owner said and did was pretty dumb.

On the Fulltone deal: https://guitar.com/news/fulltone-backla ... ke-fuller/

marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by marqueemoon » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:26 pm

Meant to post that and I’m glad somebody beat me to it.

Gross.

andy_tchp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by andy_tchp » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:28 pm

Wait, Brad started a thread about this a few nights back, it's disappeared? Did it turn into a shitshow? ???
"I don't know why we asked him to join the band 'cause the rest of us don't like country music all that much; we just like Graham Lee."
David McComb, 1987.

s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by s_mcsleazy » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:23 pm

on the upside, hopefully fulltone pedals will become cheap on the used market, i wont have to give them my money and i'll finally get a used OCD for a good price.

honestly, given the comments he's made, i think its likely guitar center will stop stocking their pedals for a year or so then if this blows over, they'll stock em again. i think given sam ash is owned by a right wing trump donator, it kinda means people who want a fulltone pedal reguardless of politics will likely have to give money to trump.

edit: i've noticed that guitarguitar have some fulltone pedals on clearance.
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Post by fuzzjunkie » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:39 pm

Fulltone, Danelectro, JHS, and Analogman are like Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, iHop, and McDonalds to me. I didn’t give them my money before and will continue down that path.

beauzooka
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by beauzooka » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:39 pm

fuzzjunkie wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:39 pm
Fulltone, Danelectro, JHS, and Analogman are like Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, iHop, and McDonalds to me. I didn’t give them my money before and will continue down that path.
I can certainly understand and respect why you would not want to buy from those pedal companies, but to compare them to corporate multinational restaurant companies seems quite a stretch imho. Do any of them have more than 50 employees besides danelectro maybe?

OffYourFace
Mods
Mods

Post by OffYourFace » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:10 am

burpgun wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:36 pm
Looks like the Fulltone owner said some pretty dumb shit about the protest situation here in the U.S. and is now paying for it. I've also become aware that Sweetwater is owned by a guy who donates money to Trump and Republicans, and if that's your thing, go for it. But as much as Sweetwater has been great to do business with, we're done. Any linkage with Trump in anyway is a total deal breaker for me. I've got no dog in the Fulltone fight but what the owner said and did was pretty dumb.

I forgot about Sweetwater. Thanks for reminding me.

StevenO
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by StevenO » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:12 am

andy_tchp wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:28 pm
Wait, Brad started a thread about this a few nights back, it's disappeared? Did it turn into a shitshow? ???
Nah, it only lasted three responses before presumably Brad deleted it. I think it was one of those "why bother?" kid of situations.

StevenO
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by StevenO » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:17 am

OffYourFace wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:10 am
burpgun wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:36 pm

I forgot about Sweetwater. Thanks for reminding me.
The Sweetwater gave an explanation that was OKAY. Supposedly he isn't much of a fan of Trump and never intended to give to him directly, but he gave money to Pence, as the Governor of Indiana, which was then transferred to the Trump campaign as he was chosen for the VP. Pence still sucks donkey balls, so it's not great... But *shrug*

Mike Fuller is a turd and a half, but I respected his willingness to apologize for his actions. But also, *shrug*. I don't think I've bought a new Fulltone pedal for 15 years, but I always admired his pedal work. The guy himself is just a turd...

I'm conflicted on the JHS stuff... He seems like a decent human being and I love his videos and willingness to push people towards bands, brands, and pedals that otherwise wouldn't get so much attention. He just seems unfortunately a little too close for my comfort to bad causes/afiliations. But then again, that's religion...

Danelectro... I only like their late 90s stuff. So *shrug*.

Embenny
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Embenny » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:36 am

Mike Pence is a racist and homophobic misogynist who actively worsened an HIV epidemic in his own state by shutting down a Planned Parenthood clinic that was the only free testing site to tens of thousands of his poor constituents, all in the name of restricting access of said impoverished constituents to legal abortions and contraceptives. It was later estimated by public health experts that ~120 of the 200+ HIV infections in the affected county could have been prevented by normal and reasonable public health measures.

I don't see how that could be construed in any way as being less morally objectionable than supporting Trump.
StevenO wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:17 am
Mike Fuller is a turd and a half, but I respected his willingness to apologize for his actions. But also, *shrug*. I don't think I've bought a new Fulltone pedal for 15 years, but I always admired his pedal work. The guy himself is just a turd...
I just read the statement. He didn't apologize for his actions, he apologized for offense caused. Over the years, I've learned to stop giving people credit for that. "I'm sorry if it upset you, but" is not an apology, it's justification.

He also displayed a vicious blend of homophobia and misogyny in his comments and never addressed that in his "apology." That really, really pissed me off. "Flushed out some prissy boys who were raised to pee sitting down," are you fucking kidding me? If this is what you post publicly, you deserve all the backlash against your company that is coming your way.
The artist formerly known as mbene085.

StevenO
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by StevenO » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:10 am

mbene085 wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:36 am
Mike Pence is a racist and homophobic misogynist who actively worsened an HIV epidemic in his own state by shutting down a Planned Parenthood clinic that was the only free testing site to tens of thousands of his poor constituents, all in the name of restricting access of said impoverished constituents to legal abortions and contraceptives. It was later estimated by public health experts that ~120 of the 200+ HIV infections in the affected county could have been prevented by normal and reasonable public health measures.

I don't see how that could be construed in any way as being less morally objectionable than supporting Trump.
StevenO wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:17 am
I just read the statement. He didn't apologize for his actions, he apologized for offense caused. Over the years, I've learned to stop giving people credit for that. "I'm sorry if it upset you, but" is not an apology, it's justification.

He also displayed a vicious blend of homophobia and misogyny in his comments and never addressed that in his "apology." That really, really pissed me off. "Flushed out some prissy boys who were raised to pee sitting down," are you fucking kidding me? If this is what you post publicly, you deserve all the backlash against your company that is coming your way.
You're completely right. I just think it takes a little bit of leeway to try and win some of these people over... As much as I want to be super aggressive on these turds, I just don't know if that's all that helpful ALL OF THE TIME.

I've won some people over to my side by just delicately explaining to them their error of their ways. But at the same time, whatever.

Fuller is still a giant turd, as you and I both agree. As for the Sweetwater guy, I don't know! I know a lot of people who get calls from political parties and just give their money without thinking. Hopefully that is the case and he's not a raging homophone like Pence. After all, WE know this stuff about Pence, but does the average person? Meet the average person. They're clueless about a lot of things that matter. Is it an excuse? No, but it's a reason... Take with that what you will.

Then again, maybe I'm just giving these people too much credit?

UlricvonCatalyst
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by UlricvonCatalyst » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:26 am

I only own one Fulltone pedal, which I won't be selling any time soon, despite the fact that I've always been completely underwhelmed by it.

I do remember it being broadly panned at the time it came out and Fuller being very vocal on that being the users' fault for being too stupid to understand how to get the best out of it, so I already had him down as a bit of a dick.

UlricvonCatalyst
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by UlricvonCatalyst » Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:28 am

What's the beef with JHS and Analogman, though?