Cabinet covering/finishing question

Make it loud here.
oid
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Cabinet covering/finishing question

Post by oid » Thu May 28, 2020 1:23 pm

the only times I have seen large areas come unglued without the edges coming undone first is in cases of serious damage or water issues. You do not actually need to glue down the large areas if you get a good and even tension and the ends are well attached, all that glue just makes it easier to get a good finished piece with less skill (training) and means that damage will not leave you with flapping sections of tolex.
Logic gates based on billiard-ball computer designs have also been made to operate using live soldier crabs of the species Mictyris guinotae in place of the billiard balls.

Larsongs
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larsongs » Sat May 30, 2020 8:50 pm

Good to hear you're doing this Project.. I recall you threatening to build one a while back... LOL!

Hope you post Pics when it's finished..

Good luck!

somanytoys
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by somanytoys » Sat May 30, 2020 9:21 pm

I have a MOD The Wave reverb kit that I’ve been trying to put together and hit a brick wall until I drum up the will to troubleshoot, fix and move on. May be a while.

I bought this one ready made but without being finished with tolex and hardware installed. It’s very nice, I would never attempt making one this nice.

Next step is measuring and cutting, then applying the glue and working the tolex on, attaching hardware & wiring, and installing the speakers. I think I’m going to be very happy with it when it’s done. There’s a reverb tank on the F-Bomb site that has the same tolex, black with raised western themed designs, that’s what’s going on it. I also have the gold piping that’s on it, but I’m not sure if I can pull that off on mine.

I don’t have a hosting site, but I could send a couple of pics to you when it’s finished, if you’d like to see them and even post them.

Thanks, I’m pretty excited about this one!
-David

It's a boost booster, to boost your boost - it makes your tone much muchier.

Scout
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Scout » Sun May 31, 2020 8:30 am

We all want to see pics. Imgur is easy to load and post from, it’s only difficult the first time, this comes from a computer illiterate.
You can do it, (probably sober)

Larsongs
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larsongs » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:05 am

somanytoys wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 9:21 pm
I have a MOD The Wave reverb kit that I’ve been trying to put together and hit a brick wall until I drum up the will to troubleshoot, fix and move on. May be a while.

I bought this one ready made but without being finished with tolex and hardware installed. It’s very nice, I would never attempt making one this nice.

Next step is measuring and cutting, then applying the glue and working the tolex on, attaching hardware & wiring, and installing the speakers. I think I’m going to be very happy with it when it’s done. There’s a reverb tank on the F-Bomb site that has the same tolex, black with raised western themed designs, that’s what’s going on it. I also have the gold piping that’s on it, but I’m not sure if I can pull that off on mine.

I don’t have a hosting site, but I could send a couple of pics to you when it’s finished, if you’d like to see them and even post them.

Thanks, I’m pretty excited about this one!

After Photobucket I don't have a hosting site either.. I should look at some.. Imgur didn't look as good as Photobucket. But, maybe should give it a try..

somanytoys
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by somanytoys » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:55 pm

Photobucket was the one I used as well. I only got on there to use it for MySpace, which I finally joined just as the final nail was being hammered into their coffin, and I never went to Facebook, so I had no need for one, really. I'll have to look around and get on one of the others soon.

I finished the last coat of honey stain/poly, it looks really good with a 3rd coat, really mellows and brings out the grain 3-D with the orange stain, I don't care for the parts with honey only, maybe it would look better with more coats but damn glad I did the orange stain first.

I haven't done anything since I put on the last coat, I've been a bit preoccupied with what's been happening across our country lately, and apparently now the world. But I think I'm going to watch that video tonight and take notes. I'm ready to get this finished and loaded with nice speakers. I'm still mentally debating if I should put the Weber blue pup & Celestion greenback in it, or swipe the Weber silver from my AC4C1 and put the greenback in that instead. The silver does sound very nice in the AC4, but I think the silver would probably sound better with the blue pup, especially in a bigger cab.

I'd just rather not to too much continuous speaker swapping.
-David

It's a boost booster, to boost your boost - it makes your tone much muchier.

andy_tchp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by andy_tchp » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:01 pm

"I don't know why we asked him to join the band 'cause the rest of us don't like country music all that much; we just like Graham Lee."
David McComb, 1987.