The Synth Thread...

All instruments that aren't guitars (or bass guitars).
Post Reply
User avatar
mackerelmint
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 11098
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:51 pm
Location: トイレ国、ウンチ市

Re: The Synth Thread...

Post by mackerelmint » Wed May 20, 2020 11:57 pm

The Korg MonoPoly.
This is an excellent rectangle

User avatar
Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 8772
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:22 pm
Location: Stuck in the dimension of imagination

Re: The Synth Thread...

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Thu May 21, 2020 2:53 am

Oh, ok. I thought it was something else, that maybe I'd known. I've never heard of the original MonoPoly.
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384

User avatar
StevenO
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 17641
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:06 pm

Re: The Synth Thread...

Post by StevenO » Thu May 21, 2020 6:40 am

redchapterjubilee wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 5:00 am
tade wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 7:20 am
StevenO wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 3:39 am
A music store I sometimes frequent is blowing out the Behringer MS-20 modules for half price.
Where are they blowing them out?
I would be interested in this info as well.
Moog Audio in Toronto.
Telliot wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 4:41 pm
Behringer MonoPoly pt. 2
This is going to be INCREDIBLY tempting... Not sure how I could justify NOT buying it.... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Singlebladepickup
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 2340
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:12 am
Location: U.S. of fuckin' A.

Re: The Synth Thread...

Post by Singlebladepickup » Thu May 21, 2020 9:36 am

StevenO wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 6:40 am
This is going to be INCREDIBLY tempting... Not sure how I could justify NOT buying it.... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
What if they're working on a PolySix next? Would MonoPoly still be better than using a PolySix as a monosynth?

User avatar
Zork
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1119
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:01 am
Location: Berlin!
Contact:

Re: The Synth Thread...

Post by Zork » Thu May 21, 2020 10:35 am

What do you all think of the Modal Argon 8?
https://youtu.be/tMuqVtOwwnI
https://youtu.be/6vyxyt_qiTQ

User avatar
Telliot
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 10162
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:38 pm
Location: Orange County, CA

Re: The Synth Thread...

Post by Telliot » Thu May 21, 2020 10:40 am

Singlebladepickup wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:36 am
StevenO wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 6:40 am
This is going to be INCREDIBLY tempting... Not sure how I could justify NOT buying it.... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
What if they're working on a PolySix next? Would MonoPoly still be better than using a PolySix as a monosynth?
I’ve always preferred the MonoPoly over the PolySix. To my ears it’s just a more interesting synth.
The cool thing about fretless is you can hit a note...and then renegotiate.

User avatar
StevenO
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 17641
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:06 pm

Re: The Synth Thread...

Post by StevenO » Thu May 21, 2020 1:21 pm

Telliot wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:40 am
Singlebladepickup wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:36 am
StevenO wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 6:40 am
This is going to be INCREDIBLY tempting... Not sure how I could justify NOT buying it.... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
What if they're working on a PolySix next? Would MonoPoly still be better than using a PolySix as a monosynth?
I’ve always preferred the MonoPoly over the PolySix. To my ears it’s just a more interesting synth.
I agree, too. I also have two Juno 106s, so I don't really need "that" thing.

Singlebladepickup
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 2340
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:12 am
Location: U.S. of fuckin' A.

Re: The Synth Thread...

Post by Singlebladepickup » Thu May 21, 2020 1:33 pm

StevenO wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:21 pm
Telliot wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:40 am
I’ve always preferred the MonoPoly over the PolySix. To my ears it’s just a more interesting synth.
I agree, too. I also have two Juno 106s, so I don't really need "that" thing.
Well now I am GAS'y.

User avatar
tade
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 246
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:00 am

Re: The Synth Thread...

Post by tade » Fri May 22, 2020 6:32 am

Telliot wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:40 am
Singlebladepickup wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:36 am
StevenO wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 6:40 am
This is going to be INCREDIBLY tempting... Not sure how I could justify NOT buying it.... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
What if they're working on a PolySix next? Would MonoPoly still be better than using a PolySix as a monosynth?
I’ve always preferred the MonoPoly over the PolySix. To my ears it’s just a more interesting synth.
Same here, I had both lying around in the studio and the MonoPoly got so much more use.

Post Reply