Source Audio Collider

Everyone needs a stompbox.
fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Source Audio Collider

Post by fuzzjunkie » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:29 am

Anyone try one yet?

I just recently found out about this box. After linking a Source Audio Nemesis in another post, this should up in my Facebook feed. Funny how that happens.

https://www.sourceaudio.net/collider_delay_reverb.html

I have thought about getting a Source Audio Nemesis a few times, but don’t really need one. I have thought about getting a Nano board and putting on a fuzz or two, modulation, and a Nemesis for the delay. What about reverb though? Do I really need it? There’s not room for a Ventris or similar reverb pedal. Hmmm?

Now I don’t have that problem anymore because the Collider solves it! It has the delays and reverbs that I want all in one pedal and you can have the delay or reverb active without the other, and even double up the delays for rhythmic echoes or reverb for ambient reverb into reverb. All with a simple layout, tap and subdivisions

Unicorn Warrior
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Source Audio Collider

Post by Unicorn Warrior » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:50 pm

Will this dual delay?

marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by marqueemoon » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:53 pm

Huh. I will need to research this.

marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by marqueemoon » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:55 pm

Not dirty/funky sounding enough for my application.

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Post by fuzzjunkie » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:03 am

Unicorn Warrior wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:50 pm
Will this dual delay?
Yes. The Collider has 2 separate algorithms and can do delay + delay, delay + reverb, or reverb + reverb. They can also be run independently, only delay or only reverb.

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Post by fuzzjunkie » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:09 am

marqueemoon wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:55 pm
Yeah, Source Audio go for the more realistic sounds. The tape delay sounds like a real Echoplex that you’ll find in a studio rather than one that’s been sitting in a barn since it fell out of the back of a pickup truck.

The Oil Can delay has a nice smear and grime to it, but then again, it sounds like one that is still in working order. There is an analog delay setting that is the only one I have heard that actually sounds like a Memoryman, most seem to go all diffuse or murky. I would get a Meet Maude by Fairfield Circuitry if I was after that.

Unicorn Warrior
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Unicorn Warrior » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:04 pm

fuzzjunkie wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:03 am
Unicorn Warrior wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:50 pm
Will this dual delay?
Yes. The Collider has 2 separate algorithms and can do delay + delay, delay + reverb, or reverb + reverb. They can also be run independently, only delay or only reverb.
Jeez Louise...

marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by marqueemoon » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:49 pm

fuzzjunkie wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:09 am
marqueemoon wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:55 pm
Yeah, Source Audio go for the more realistic sounds. The tape delay sounds like a real Echoplex that you’ll find in a studio rather than one that’s been sitting in a barn since it fell out of the back of a pickup truck.

The Oil Can delay has a nice smear and grime to it, but then again, it sounds like one that is still in working order. There is an analog delay setting that is the only one I have heard that actually sounds like a Memoryman, most seem to go all diffuse or murky. I would get a Meet Maude by Fairfield Circuitry if I was after that.
Basically I want the Catalinbread version of this pedal.

Firecat
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Firecat » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:04 am

I was looking for a delay + reverb combo pedal for a small board. I wanted the following options:

- seperate on/off buttons for delay and reverb
- built in tap tempo
- relatively small box
- simple operation

To my suprise there's not so many options. Apart from the Collider, the only other options I've found are the Keeley Workstation Delay and the Nux Atlantic (which I had for a while, loved the concept, but the sounds were mediocre).

All the others (EQD Avalanche Run, Keeley Caverns, Fender Reflecting Pool, Mooer Ocean Machine, ...) either don't have tap tempo, don't have seperate on/off buttons for delay and reverb or are quite big for a small set up.

The Collider looks awesome but I don't like the pricetag.

I hope more brands will jump on this wagon and make delay+reverb combo's. It seems like a no brainer to me.

stevejamsecono
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by stevejamsecono » Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:07 am

Bumping this one since it's already a thread. I've got two Nemesis pedals and like them quite a bit, but the idea of an onboard reverb too for ambient swelling is tempting.

Anyone else on the board using one and can comment? I already use an external switcher for presets and would likely use another for tap since the way they have it implimented on this pedal gives me pause, but I already like the sounds on the Nemesis so it seems like a no-brainer.
And you find out life isn't like that
It's so hard to understand
Why the world is your oyster but your future's a clam

Resident Yamaha Fanboy

COYS

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Post by fuzzjunkie » Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:22 am

stevejamsecono wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:07 am
Bumping this one since it's already a thread. I've got two Nemesis pedals and like them quite a bit, but the idea of an onboard reverb too for ambient swelling is tempting.

Anyone else on the board using one and can comment? I already use an external switcher for presets and would likely use another for tap since the way they have it implimented on this pedal gives me pause, but I already like the sounds on the Nemesis so it seems like a no-brainer.
I never got one. The pandemic happened a few weeks after the OP and I’ve been struggling financially ever since.

It was on my list for a small experimental board along with a LEM and OFF1 from Mastro Valvola and maybe a bit-crusher like the Ottobit. 3 years later and that’s still waiting.

CorporateDisguise
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by CorporateDisguise » Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:02 am

I don’t have the collider, but I have both the Nemesis and Ventris. I can say that the SA reverbs are great! Very clear, beautiful tails, with a nice detail. Their spring is especially top notch! The bigger reverbs sound great too. Maybe not quite as dense/effecty as the Eventide stuff, but still great. I think the only reason I prefer my H9 for more ambient reverbs, is that I had it first, and have used it for a long time and have become very accustom to the blackhole sound.

UlricvonCatalyst
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by UlricvonCatalyst » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:39 am

stevejamsecono wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:07 am

Not really in the same league, but quite a few years back I got a Muza Ambience for not much outlay which at least does delay>reverb. Some will say you get what you pay for, but above a certain price point I'm not 100% sure you do. :)