gold anodized (MEANING "GOLD"!) Jazzmaster pickguards

For help with setups and other technical issues.
Peter V.
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

gold anodized (MEANING "GOLD"!) Jazzmaster pickguards

Post by Peter V. » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:53 am

Does anybody have any suggestions for gold anodized (MEANING "GOLD"!) Jazzmaster pickguards? I have just received a supposedly "gold anodized" guard from a vendor in France which looks more like a copper shield!

Where can I get the REAL thing?

Danley
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: gold anodized (MEANING "GOLD"!) Jazzmaster pickguards

Post by Danley » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:16 am

Looking forward to using this fifteen dollar China gold guard off eBay; the seller also offered copper and bare aluminum - but the gold I chose is very gold, and fits perfect on my Mascis (which may or may not mean it fits a US guitar.)

King Buzzo: I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Peter V.
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Peter V. » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:22 am

can you name the seller or post a link please, Danley?

Danley
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Danley » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:38 am

King Buzzo: I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Peter V.
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Peter V. » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:10 pm

Thanks man, I just ordered one.

adamrobertt
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by adamrobertt » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:47 pm

Damn, wish they did a black one.

VPO
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by VPO » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:23 pm

Danley wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:16 am
Looking forward to using this fifteen dollar China gold guard off eBay; the seller also offered copper and bare aluminum - but the gold I chose is very gold, and fits perfect on my Mascis (which may or may not mean it fits a US guitar.)

That looks good!

I wonder would that fit on CV Jazzmaster, FSR Jazzmaster or CIJ Jazzmaster. That copper one is just what I want!

Danley
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Danley » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:55 pm

As shown it’s a totally perfect fit on my Mascis. Who knows, may come from the same oem factory as Squier? I assume the stock Mascis has larger holes at the bridge for the Adjust-O-Matic, but this is drilled for a stock Jazzmaster bridge (I made my own rocking bridge conversion cups which are visible on the body above and the pickguard is perfect on-center to the bridge spacing.)

Still need to fit it on my Squier VM & determine whether it can bolt up - but for reference, an actual AV pickguard won’t fit my Squier VM- and the aluminum ones above allegedly do fit US guitars per the eBay ad copy. The Mascis and VM bodies are from different countries/factories allegedly so that could make sense why the pickguards are different. Basically I’d be cautious except saying it’s a perfect fit on the Mascis and possibly US and can probably be modded for other bodies.