EHX Attack Decay Reissue

Everyone needs a stompbox.
scottydanger
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

EHX Attack Decay Reissue

Post by scottydanger » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:31 am

Anybody pick one up yet? I've had mine for two days and it's killer. Mostly using it on bass but it sounds great on guitar too, of course.

https://www.ehx.com/products/attack-decay

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Re: EHX Attack Decay Reissue

Post by fuzzjunkie » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:19 pm

That seems like one of their better reissues.

Will Sargent is one of my earliest guitar inspirations and he used one with Echo and the Bunnymen. I’ve never seen an original.

Axolotl
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Axolotl » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:19 pm

Playing mine as I read your post. Loving it! While I never tried the original, this is an awesome pedal. Got it on Monday and it was hard to get anything done. Mono mode is great and sounds more basic but beefier. The polyphonic mode works great, is more reliable and consistant although there is a more digital feel to the sound in comparison. It sounds really musical though. Works great with both long swells or string-like attacks. Been suing this before my reverbs and delays and it's been pure swell, atmospheric bliss. :freako:

The built-in fuzz is great and I love how it can be mixed in parallel with the clean signal. I love to play clean chords and have the fuzz fading in at a very low volume.

The retrigger function is also pretty awesome. Lots of tricks in this little guy, I haven't tried the send/return features yet. Wouldn't mind more presets but 3 will do. Pretty ridiculous what this thing does for the price.

scottydanger
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by scottydanger » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:21 am

Axolotl wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:19 pm
Playing mine as I read your post. Loving it! While I never tried the original, this is an awesome pedal. Got it on Monday and it was hard to get anything done. Mono mode is great and sounds more basic but beefier. The polyphonic mode works great, is more reliable and consistant although there is a more digital feel to the sound in comparison. It sounds really musical though. Works great with both long swells or string-like attacks. Been suing this before my reverbs and delays and it's been pure swell, atmospheric bliss. :freako:

The built-in fuzz is great and I love how it can be mixed in parallel with the clean signal. I love to play clean chords and have the fuzz fading in at a very low volume.

The retrigger function is also pretty awesome. Lots of tricks in this little guy, I haven't tried the send/return features yet. Wouldn't mind more presets but 3 will do. Pretty ridiculous what this thing does for the price.
That sums up my experience exactly. I'm using it on bass at a gig tonight in a power trio, it's adding SO MUCH to the whole thing. Between giant swells and the fuzz w/ blend, it's amazing on the bass.

Unicorn Warrior
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Unicorn Warrior » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:49 pm

These look so cool

Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:28 pm

The demos sound awesome, but I can't find any with a bass. Anyone have a recording of their's? I'm wondering if I'd prefer the Attack Decay over my Malekko Sneak Attack...
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384