Newby from Athens Greece

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
chrmarl
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Newby from Athens Greece

Post by chrmarl » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:41 pm

Hi all
I have an MIJ jazzmaster which I bought used in 1997. It's a 62 reissue (or is it a 66 reissue? If anyone knows please comment). I'm posting some fotos:

I want to change the bridge or just the saddles and I could use some help. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.
Btw the guitar is really great. I haven't changed anything on it. My daughter has put these stickers on the mobs and one on the headstock.
The paint is nitro.
The body is alder while most of the MIJ JMs are basswood. But this a reissue so they made it with alder.

effmylife
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Newby from Athens Greece

Post by effmylife » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:37 am

Καλως ΗΡΘΑΤΕ! Όμορφη κιθάρα.

George L
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by George L » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:33 am

Καλώς ήρθατε στο φόρουμ!
I usually suggest staytrem bridge but staytrem stopped worldwide shipping
but if you have a friend in the UK he can order and send you one
You need the 7.25 radius version
You have some other options like the mustang bridge, the mastery bridge, the american pro and of course the AVRI
You can find many reviews and info about all the bridges in this forum .

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:16 am

Welcome to the site...always nice to see a fellow Greek on here :)
Resident Spartan.

chrmarl
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by chrmarl » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:33 pm

Thank you all for responding.
I have finally ordered through a friend in the UK the staytrem bridge 5 days ago. They said that they have reduced production and yesterday that I visited the website it says that it is out of stock again.. I think it is the best option and I feel lucky to have found it.
When I have it in my hands I will have to take it for service. It has several other issues with the circuit and the fretboard I guess.

Do you know any good guitar repair guy in Athens?

chrmarl
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by chrmarl » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:15 pm

https://www.flickr.com/photos/chrmarl/4 ... ateposted/

It is the best upgrade for a JM. Double amount of sustain, no more jings & jangs, the guitar still has great tone, actually better than before cause the sound is much clearer.
Overall it's like I bought a new guitar. I've been struggling patiently for more than 20 years with the original bridge and I didn't expect the huge difference this staytrem bridge would make.
Brilliant designed to get the strings closer to each other (3mm closer overall) it's much more comfortable. You can use vibrato without worrying whether you fall off the fretboard.
For a cost less than 80 euros I feel the guitar doubled its value.