Fender Alternate Reality Sixty-Six

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Fender Alternate Reality Sixty-Six

Post by 601210 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:41 am

Danish Pete is pretty cool.

AstroGhast
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by AstroGhast » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:40 pm

I couldn't feel more the opposite of those calling this a boring slapped together take on pieces of other Fender models.

It combines the shapes, looks, hardware and specs we all love about Fender and thoughtfully puts it all together in an interesting new take on classic ingredients. Strats and Teles are fantastic guitars, but I personally love the 'other' Fenders that are far less popular. The Sixty-Six exudes classic, cool and off-the-beaten-path and I'm super excited about it! Fender has a real knack for considering and including their history in their new endeavours like no other guitar brand. They've spent a long time building a very cool history and it's great to see them continuing to relish it with new models.

I'm preordering one of these in Daphne Blue and I just hope it somewhat fills the long deep void I have over the loss of my Fender Cyclone. Here's hoping.

And Fender, if you're listening, please bring back the Cyclone! I'll love you forever.
Last edited by AstroGhast on Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AstroGhast
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by AstroGhast » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:59 pm

601210 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:54 pm
I'd say Fender over the years and Gibson maybe a bit later have learned the hard way that guitarists don't want anything new. We tend to want the image of the electric guitar as it was first manifested, but with some tweaks and updates to make us feel better about having the urge to buy a new one every 2 years.

If all we wanted was innovation we'd all be playing headless parker flys or something. Or synths.
This is the most honest and concise thing I've ever read on a guitar forum.

Even those who complain about tired ideas and lack of innovation often revert back to tried, tested and true.

The Brian May's and Matt Bellamy's of the world are very few and far between.

Fiddy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Fiddy » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:09 pm

Im sorry, not feeling this one. :(

amv
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by amv » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:03 pm

AstroGhast wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:40 pm
I couldn't feel more the opposite of those calling this a boring slapped together take on pieces of other Fender models.

It combines the shapes, looks, hardware and specs we all love about Fender and thoughtfully puts it all together in an interesting new take on classic ingredients. Strats and Teles are fantastic guitars, but I personally love the 'other' Fenders that are far less popular. The Sixty-Six exudes classic, cool and off-the-beaten-path and I'm super excited about it! Fender has a real knack for considering and including their history in their new endeavours like no other guitar brand. They've spent a long time building a very cool history and it's great to see them continuing to relish it with new models.

I'm preordering one of these in Daphne Blue and I just hope it somewhat fills the long deep void I have over the loss of my Fender Cyclone. Here's hoping.

And Fender, if you're listening, please bring back the Cyclone! I'll love you forever.
Couldn’t agree more. I guess we’re in the minority, but I love the look of this thing. Daphne + maple is a gorgeous combination, and unlike that Jag Strat abomination from last year, this really does look like a balanced, thoughtful design that’s going for more than novelty mashup points.

mackerelmint
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by mackerelmint » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:20 pm

mbene085 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:27 am
Rob is technically adept but is a shredder and basically only shreds or plays chords.
FTFY. He just shreds because he's got no fucking talent at all.

Also, he spent years with what looked like 3 foot long turds growing out of his head.

Also, he's insufferable, and if there were any justice in this world, a grand piano would land on him, making a discordant noise far more pleasant than any he ever made himself, killing him. Then a safe would land on top of that for good measure.
This is an excellent rectangle

Embenny
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Embenny » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:34 pm

mackerelmint wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:20 pm
mbene085 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:27 am
Rob is technically adept but is a shredder and basically only shreds or plays chords.
FTFY. He just shreds because he's got no fucking talent at all.

Also, he spent years with what looked like 3 foot long turds growing out of his head.

Also, he's insufferable, and if there were any justice in this world, a grand piano would land on him, making a discordant noise far more pleasant than any he ever made himself, killing him. Then a safe would land on top of that for good measure.
I don't disagree. I generally don't like tearing down other musicians because ultimately we're all just trying to find something positive through music for ourselves and others, but at some point I do reach my limit.

Having said that, I really dont understand why 99% of gear demos/guitar lessons/people you encounter in the wild playing electric guitars are either pentatonic white boy blooz or 80's metal shredder wannabes. The main Anderton's duo manages to fit both cliches onto the screen at the same time, it really makes sense since those seem to be the main gear-purchasing demographics.

It's always nice to tune in to PGS and see Andy playing, you know, actual songs.
The artist formerly known as mbene085.

sunburster
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by sunburster » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:10 pm

mackerelmint wrote:

Come on. I don't like the guy either but I don't daydream about ways in which I'd like him to be killed. That's messed up.

eggwheat
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by eggwheat » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:11 am

Who is this Rob?

shadowplay
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by shadowplay » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:47 am

eggwheat wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:11 am
Who is this Rob?
This stupendous dildo. I can't get any more than a minute into one of his videos but perhaps you are made of sterner stuff than me. I can only imagine what you make of hisBass VI rundown with his beige little pal.

D
Are you loathsome tonight?

mackerelmint
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by mackerelmint » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:40 am

sunburster wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:10 pm
mackerelmint wrote:

Come on. I don't like the guy either but I don't daydream about ways in which I'd like him to be killed. That's messed up.
Why?

I don't daydream about that stuff either, but looney tunes demises do spontaneously cross my mind at times, particularly when I'm reminded that Chappers exists. If we can laugh at Michael Palin's animal loving character accidentally killing people's pets with pianos and safes in a fish called wanda, we can certainly make room for an imaginary cartoon worthy death for a genuine bedsore on music's proverbial body and smile if only for a moment.

mackerelmint
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by mackerelmint » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:45 am

mbene085 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:34 pm
Having said that, I really dont understand why 99% of gear demos/guitar lessons/people you encounter in the wild playing electric guitars are either pentatonic white boy blooz or 80's metal shredder wannabes. The main Anderton's duo manages to fit both cliches onto the screen at the same time, it really makes sense since those seem to be the main gear-purchasing demographics.
Yeah, they do a fantastic job of being terrible. I also hate the absolute futility that looking for informative gear videos almost invariably involves thanks to everyone trying to show off their noodling abilities instead of giving the equipment in question the kind of input that will result in having some kind of idea how it actually sounds.

And no matter how many times I tell youtube "I am not interested in videos from this channel: Anderton's music", one shows up and before I realize it's from anderton's, I've clicked it and that human boil Chappers' hairy ass of a face is all over my feed for a month.

Sauerkraut
Expat
Expat

Post by Sauerkraut » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:57 am

sunburster wrote:
mackerelmint wrote:

watch this and see if you still think that's messed up

shadowplay
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by shadowplay » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:10 am

Sauerkraut wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:57 am
sunburster wrote:
mackerelmint wrote:

watch this and see if you still think that's messed up
I just think that's the perfect illustration how there's loads of fucks on youtube with no knowledge or charisma to speak off with huge online followings. I mean that pair can't even choose a decent pair of trousers, which to be fair is a hurdle that's too high for all the demodudes.

I'd put them roughly at the level of the sort of cunt that comes up to you in the street when you are parking a beautiful, interesting or exotic car and tells you all the things that are wrong with it, while in reality having no experience of anything beyond a white goods shitebox I'd not drive in a burka (oh and having all the sartorial pzazz of someone whose elderly mother buys their clothes for them in the supermarket).

D
Are you loathsome tonight?

X-Ray Spex
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by X-Ray Spex » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:45 am

mackerelmint wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:45 am
mbene085 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:34 pm
Yeah, they do a fantastic job of being terrible. I also hate the absolute futility that looking for informative gear videos almost invariably involves thanks to everyone trying to show off their noodling abilities instead of giving the equipment in question the kind of input that will result in having some kind of idea how it actually sounds.

And no matter how many times I tell youtube "I am not interested in videos from this channel: Anderton's music", one shows up and before I realize it's from anderton's, I've clicked it and that human boil Chappers' hairy ass of a face is all over my feed for a month.
So I seemed to have accidentally poked the ''Let's all murder Chappers and also I hate Andertons'' bear here.

To clarify.

1/ Chappers makes me cringe, but I don't wish him dead. He's just super dorky in a way that makes me uncomfortable although if I met him in person I could probably carry a conversation with the dude no problem. I've never purchased from Andertons but they seem like a pretty standard retailer.

2/ Nearly every gear review I've ever listened to ever involves someone either shredding (which nobody I know including myself would ever actually play at a gig) or blues riffs (which nobody I know including myself would ever actually play at a gig). Like would it really be that hard to have a gear reviewer actually play a real song maybe written in the last 20 years or so (and that's being generous with time limits). I tend to think gear reviews are skewed towards bedroom players which is fine but I've never found them helpful when it comes to buying gear that I'd rely on at a gig.

3/ Because of the above I only watch gear reviews to literally see what the instrument in question actually looks like in person.

4/ The Sixty Six sucks, but I love the weird prototype posted a few pages back with the Wide Ranges.
''It's not what you play, it's what you play'' - Troy Van Leeuwen