Everyone needs a stompbox.
fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Anyone need a purple delay?

Post by fuzzjunkie » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:15 am

Or pinkish purple at least?

https://sonicstate.com/news/2019/02/06/ ... -stompbox/

Eventide has a new digital analog hybrid device called The Rose out at NAMM 2019. Since the H9 sort of replaced all the Factor pedals a few years ago they haven't done much, and I certainly didn't expect something like this from them. People, well mostly Strymon fanboys on TGP, have accused Eventide of just rehashing the same old algorithms in different formats for years. This seems like a different direction.

Not that I need it, but maybe you do?

Vibramate
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Anyone need a purple delay?

Post by Vibramate » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:24 am

Eventide saw the Chase Bliss delay and thought "hmm, couldn't we do this". Quite embarrasing since the delay itself isn't even analog. :D
"Yeah, you don't have to tune it if there's enough distortion."

uraniumwilly
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by uraniumwilly » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:49 am

It's possible that a pedal manufacturer has tried to put the legendary and expensive Lexicon PCM 42 in a pedal, but I'm not aware of it. That's what Eventide is doing with 'The Rose'.

I'm more repulsed by yellow, myself.

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Post by fuzzjunkie » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:41 am

uraniumwilly wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:49 am
It's possible that a pedal manufacturer has tried to put the legendary and expensive Lexicon PCM 42 in a pedal, but I'm not aware of it. That's what Eventide is doing with 'The Rose'.

I'm more repulsed by yellow, myself.
I haven’t thought of it that way, but it is a bit. Old Eventide analog filtering with digital delays. There were a few members here with mostly pink boards several years ago, so I thought this would suit them