Green Ringer Octave up and Down

Everyone needs a stompbox.
Mandeezee
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Green Ringer Octave up and Down

Post by Mandeezee » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:55 am

Does anyone know if there is a green ringer type pedal that also does an octave down? Ideally, I would like to be able to switch between the octave up and down with the option of combining both. Should I be looking at the POG?

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Re: Green Ringer Octave up and Down

Post by fuzzjunkie » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:15 am

That’s really not how the Green Ringer circuitry works, at least not in the original. The MXR Blue Box on the other hand could possibly be modded to do that? Or perhaps have a Green Ringer circuit and a Blue Box style circuit in the same pedal and make them switchable? Electro Harmonix Octave Multi-Plex could sub for the Blue Box.

Or a nice and cheap and readily available option would be the t.c. electronic Sub-N-Up, which does somewhat what you want. It’s not switchable, but has control over how much octave up and down is in the signal. All of one or the other, or a mix of both, just no switching mid song.

The POG is more for a polyphonic solution you’re going to have more control than the Sub-N-Up, but it’s a much bigger pedal and does a lot more than up or down

The POG-2 has a preset switch, so you could possibly set it for either up or down and select between them, if that’s how it works. Other than that I think you’re looking at something like a Whammy or PitchFactor multi-effect pedal

Mandeezee
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Mandeezee » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:26 am

Thanks for the info and the suggestions. I'll check them out.

Pacafeliz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Pacafeliz » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:20 am

My Dan Armstrong pedal has a green ringer in it, I love using it with a Boss OC-2 and a fuzz in front of it... :-*

Not helping but has to share it! :P
i love delay SO much ...that i procrastinate all the time.

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Post by fuzzjunkie » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:42 am

Pacafeliz wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:20 am
My Dan Armstrong pedal has a green ringer in it, I love using it with a Boss OC-2 and a fuzz in front of it... :-*

Not helping but has to share it! :P
Yeah, it’s a cool sound. I think it’s better than the Oktavia style octave for analog circuits. You would probably like the Foxx Tone Machine, or a clone, it’s basically a green ringer and a big muff style fuzz (not exact circuit but similar result) in the same box.

Also found there is a POG mini, which does basically the same thing the Sub-N-Up does. Neither has the preset switch the POG-2 does though.

CorporateDisguise
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by CorporateDisguise » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:50 pm

The EQD BitCommander does both, but you can't footswitch between them seperatly, you would have to adjust your settings. While I think the POG range is great, its very different sounding compared to analog octavers. The POGs track all over the neck, and have a cleaner brighter sound. Analog generated octaves, both up and down will be much grittier and dirty sounding. They are also a bit warmer, and usually on track well above the 12th fret on the neck pickup. Below the twelth fret things get glitchy, which can be great, if your into it....

For clarities sake, I own both the POG2 and the Bitcommander.

I thnk the Foxrox octron does what your looking for and is all analog. A bit pricey, and I'm not sure if they still make them.

Mandeezee
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Mandeezee » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:21 am

Wow. That FoxRox looks great. I just ordered a diy green ringer/fuzz before your post. Time to start saving and weighing the pro's and con's between the 2 and 3.

i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Post by i love sharin foo » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:04 pm

The old Mu-Tron Octave Divider has a Green Ringer that is switchable on top of the Octave down function. For a true 'Ringer, that's where it's at. I've been using mine for damn near 20 years now. It is one pedal that I have never, ever considered selling.

That said, the Foxrox Octron2 is an AWESOME pedal as well. Similar tones but better tracking, smaller packaging, and lower price. Still regret selling mine.
The whispers cut like hard rain, Like sugar in a hurricane