Volume pedal

Everyone needs a stompbox.
somanytoys
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Volume pedal

Post by somanytoys » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:29 pm

For whatever it's worth, I have a Truetone Visual Volume. It's actually it's a Visual Sound, from before they changed their name, the same people that make the One-Spot 9v adapter plug.

It's not expensive, I think about $120 new, it has LEDs that show you where the pedal is on the volume scale, has a tuner out and stereo outs (think it's a mono in, but can't remember). It's also got a separate adjustable volume boost and adjustable clean boost preamp, and a buffer when the pedal is active (plugged in), the pedal still works when it's not plugged in, I think.

It's not the most solid feeling pedal, although it can probably be adjusted, I just haven't tried. It's cool in its way, but probably wouldn't be considered the best. I haven't tried a lot of other volume pedals, in fact I haven't used this one in years, simply because room is too precious on the pedalboards, just like my 535Q wah and Pigronix/Mission Engineering dual expression pedal, both of which I love but I'd have to use it off to the side because these are all just so big.

It's got a lot of good reviews, and I liked it, but like I said, not much experience in that area. If I got a new one, I'd probably go with a version from Mission Engineering, I love the dual expression pedal, it's got a really solid feel.

I'd love to go with a Hilton, but as I remember from looking them up a couple of years ago at Brad's suggestion, it's expensive. But a nice investment, I'd assume.
-David

It's a boost booster, to boost your boost - it makes your tone much muchier.

Hotraman
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Hotraman » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:58 pm

I own two volume pedals.

My main guitar board has this: https://tapestryaudio.com/products/bloo ... lume-pedal

My pedal steel rig uses this: https://goodrichsoundcompany.com/produc ... y-passive/

Ive owned Dunlop and Boss.

These two work well for me.

Riptide
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Riptide » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:31 pm

I use to have an Ernie Ball Volume Pedal Jr. It worked, but I really am not a fan of the string system they use. Perhaps mine was a lemon or I just abused it, but almost every 6 months I was having to replace the stupid string. I sold it and bought a Dunlop DVP 1 and have been happy with it.
"Who ever controls the media controls the mind"
~Jim Morrison

s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by s_mcsleazy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:41 pm

i use a passive bespeco volume pedal. never had it die on me.
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'

dezb1
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by dezb1 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:24 am

s_mcsleazy wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:41 pm
i use a passive bespeco volume pedal. never had it die on me.

^ This - (also this / these two posts are giving me Déjà vu)