Member from Temple City California

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
eldredjames
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Member from Temple City California

Post by eldredjames » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:58 am

I don't remember if I posted here before--I joined when I started looking for an offset. My used Jaguar arrived last week and I've been gathering parts and information for required mods.

I plan to:
Change out the plastic nut for either a bone one or one of the zero glide conversions to a zero fret.
Change out the bridge for a Mustang bridge--already done.
Install 11 to 54 strings--on order.
Shim the neck--already installed a 0.25 degree shim from the stew mac set of 3.

Finish off the set up and play away.

I only need 49 more posts to get access to the shop section.

Jim

eldredjames
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Member from Temple City California

Post by eldredjames » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:25 pm

All mods completed. Nice low action now. Installed Mustang bridge, zero-glide zero nut conversion, 11-54 strings. I picked up a roll of copper tape in case I need to shield the pockets and or pickguard but I don't need to yet. I won't touch the electronics for now. :-*

My next project is a big muff pi build. I'd buy it outright but the price is a little steep for me right now.

Kent
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Kent » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:12 am

Big Muff: take a look at the current EHX offerings. They are so cheap, that it probably isn't worth building your own except for the fun/accomplishment aspect of it.

Post pretty pictures of the Jag!

eldredjames
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by eldredjames » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:33 pm

I'll try to get a pretty picture. She's a Squier.

But as far as the Big Muff. I get it about the cost of building one being higher than just buying one. I am perplexed by all the versions. I heaard the tone I want from the demo of rerelease EHX has out now. More interested in "singing sustain" as they call it.

Which version is going to have that? Of couse, I can always buy a used one and modify it to the original schematic. Be Better to pick up one that will have what I want.

JIm