New Solo Ep Recorded, Mixed, and Mastered At My Home Studio (update: full length LP link pg 2)

Get that song on tape! Errr... disk?
NBarnes21
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: New Solo Ep Recorded, Mixed, and Mastered At My Home Studio

Post by NBarnes21 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:40 pm

mediocreplayer wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:05 am
I forgot that I did not reply here when i discovered this a couple of weeks ago. I had it on repeat at work and now listening again. It is fantastic. I don't have discerning ears so it all sounded good to me but more importantly I liked the songs a lot. I was even going to ask you for mixing help on my own songs but got distracted by other stuff. Hand in Hand and Trying to Be are my favorites. Great job in all!
Thanks so much! Really means a lot that you checked it out and that you dig it. I'm by no means an expert in mixing but would be happy to check it out!
Larry Mal wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:44 am
Very good Nate!
Thanks man!
JM Convert wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:56 pm
Nate,

This sounds great.

I don't know how you produced your backup vocals but for the type of music you are playing I have never heard better. They sound perfect.

WC
Thanks! Mostly stacked up the background vocals, panned them all around, and sent them all to a bunch of reverb :blush:
takeittothemall wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:11 pm
I listened to the whole thing. Production, song-writing, and performances are all super solid. Well done.
Much appreciated! Thanks for checking it out.

I've got 6 more tracks I'm in the process of recording and plan to follow up with a full length some time soon. I've got a buddy playing bass for me this time around (I don't have a bass player's mind) and will probably get it professionally mastered, but still plan to mix it if I can get things sounding the way I like.
Hello, my name is Nate, and I'm a bend-aholic

jakeisjake
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jakeisjake » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:26 pm

dug it!
If I was a byrd, I'd be mighty sore every time they shut the door and I don't think I'd sing...

aliendawg
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by aliendawg » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:32 am

Wow! It sounds great, man!
"With the resurgence of offsets it seems like we're also seeing a resurgence of people who don't know what to do with them" - 601210

NBarnes21
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by NBarnes21 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:17 am

Hey all,

been a while since I updated things here, but I released the full length record a couple weeks ago, you can check it out here:

https://soundcloud.com/plutinos/sets/plutinos

This time around I had my buddy play bass on it and had it professionally mastered. Pretty happy with how it turned out but already working on the next one. Was a great experience tracking everything and mixing it all and I learned a ton.
Hello, my name is Nate, and I'm a bend-aholic