Mustang bridge and buzz stop tailpiece

For help with setups and other technical issues.
Dennism
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Mustang bridge and buzz stop tailpiece

Post by Dennism » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:50 am

I want to replace my Road worn Jazzmaster bridge with the mustang bridge and add a buzzstop tailpiece. All parts. sells a package with both units. Is there a difference between different makes, such as chrome steel and solid steel etc.?

motivealloy
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Mustang bridge and buzz stop tailpiece

Post by motivealloy » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:45 pm

Honestly, you won't need the "Buzz Stop". Just upgrade your strings to 11's and get the adjustable Mustang saddles.
1993 MIJ Jazzmaster (Fuji-gen Plant), 3TS, Alder, AVRI Tremolo, '65 Bridge w/ Kahler 2330 Saddles, Antiquity II Pickups, Top Twenty Pickup, Kluson Dlx Tuners, Switchcraft and CTS Electrics w/ Clothwire, Brass Shielding, Schaller Strap Locks.

Dennism
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Mustang bridge and buzz stop tailpiece

Post by Dennism » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:48 am

I ended up getting both - the mustang bridge and the buzz stop to be used with the original bridge. I'm staying with .010"s for my string gauge. No noticeable difference between the two setups. Other than not having to have the buzz stop in place when the mustang bridge is installed.
According to my mood, or when I change strings, I'll go from one to the other, just to make life interesting.
The mustang does not have individual string heights; it seems to be preset to a fixed radius.