L.A Witch got robbed in Bristol last night!!...

Favorite new record? Favorite old record? Got a band? Post it here.
PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

L.A Witch got robbed in Bristol last night!!...

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:01 am

Shit news!!!!

Any Bristolians on the forum? If so, ears to the ground, folks!

From Facebook....

OUR TOUR VAN GOT BROKEN INTO LAST NIGHT
After our show in Bristol, we woke up to the front passenger window and door smashed in on our tour van. We are absolutely devastated as it is only the 3rd show of a month long European/UK Tour. $4000+ worth of stolen items were all labeled with our band name, Sade's name and email, and include the following:

-- GRETSCH DUO JET G6128T GUITAR W/ BIGSBY - Serial No. JD05092535 - Missing bottom guitar strap knob/pin
-- TC Electronic Ditto x2 Loop Pedal
-- Line 6 Echo Park Delay
-- Boss Digital Delay DD-3
-- Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb Pedal Original Model
-- Boss TS9 Tube Screamer
-- Boss DF2 Superfeedbacker and Distortion
-- Boss TU2 Chromatic Tuner
-- Vox Curly Cable Guitar Lead
-- Mogami Gold Series Guitar Cable
-- Visual Sound 1 Spot 9V Power Supply and Daisy Chain x2
-- Pedaltrain Metro 20 20"x8" Pedalboard and Soft Case
-- Mogami Patch Cables x7
-- Lock-It Guitar Strap
-- Epiphone Soft Case Gig Bag

If anyone in the U.K./Europe has any of these items they would be willing to lend us for the tour, or help us replace, please let us know!

We're still a small band and we travel on a very tight budget, and had been hoping to break even. We love touring and playing music, and we really want to be able to finish out the rest of this tour. We started a GoFundMe to help replace the items that were stolen, any little bit would help so much: http://www.gofundme.com/la-witch-stolen-gear" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thank you to everyone for their love and support over the years, it means everything to us!

P.S. If the good people of Bristol could keep an eye out for these stolen items, we would be forever grateful. We're also looking to fix the smashed window and dooras soon as possible so we can continue the tour tomorrow, and our insurance won't cover the fix If anyone has any tips they would be greatly appreciated as well!

Thank you to Alex of Stolen Body Records/Bristol Psych Fest for helping us through this tough time. Unfortunately we will not be able to make it in time to our show tonight in Glasgow, as the van is in dire need of repair. We promise to make it up to you as soon as we can.
You think you can't, you wish you could, I know you can, I wish you would. Slip inside this house as you pass by.

nanamour
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: L.A Witch got robbed in Bristol last night!!...

Post by nanamour » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:31 am

That's awful. It's a properly violating feeling having shit stolen from your car, especially something as personal as a guitar. And right at the start of a tour!

Good news though, looks like their fundraiser has gone above and beyond what's needed to replace the gear but here's hoping the stuff turns up.
There's always hope! I had an old Japanese Hofner bass copy lifted after a gig nearly three years ago and the police notified me yesterday that it had turned up at a nearby pawn shop. I should have it back by the end of the week :)

PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:47 am

Yeah, the Facebook feed's been full of people offering to put them up, buy them beers & lend them similar gear. Still, they'll be hurting from this. Right at the start of their tour, too.

On a slightly more impartial note, the van they hired was one of those people carriers with windows covering the back & sides. It looks like it was also parked in a residential street. Hindsight's a bitch but leaving 4 grands worth of unattended gear in it overnight was a big, big mistake.
nanamour wrote:I had an old Japanese Hofner bass copy lifted after a gig nearly three years ago and the police notified me yesterday that it had turned up at a nearby pawn shop. I should have it back by the end of the week
Great news!
You think you can't, you wish you could, I know you can, I wish you would. Slip inside this house as you pass by.

budda12ax7
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by budda12ax7 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:20 am

This sucks, they should flog the people who did this if they catch them.

UlricvonCatalyst
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by UlricvonCatalyst » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:31 am

budda12ax7 wrote:they should flog the people who did this if they catch them.
No corporal or capital punishment in the UK, thank fuck.