Hi from Amsterdam

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
vincentb
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Hi from Amsterdam

Post by vincentb » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:04 pm

Hi,
I registered a while back already, but did not take the time to introduce myself yet. I nearing 40 and played a lot on my Squier Stratocaster in the 90s. I owned a sonic blue Fender Mustang built somewhere in the early nineties, but sold it about 10 years ago. Also owned an Egmond Guitar (a former Dutch brand) and some other cheap things.

Now I wanted something new, so I searched and found a 1997 Squier Super-Sonic. I love it, the design is just beautiful. I bought it second hand last year, and it's a bit worn: relic by real usage! The pickups aren't that great, so I lately replaced the bridge pickup (not on this picture, but will make a small topic about it probably). I've also replaced the string saddles. They're not that great on this model.

I'm so fond of this guitar design that I'm saving to be able to buy a 2013 Fender Pawn Shop Super-Sonic, but I'm not there yet. In the mean time, I'm planning to replace the neck pickup too, and to see if I can make a different wiring layout with a little more options than volume and volume, like the default configuration is.

Oh and if anyone owning a Squier Super Sonic is able to tell me the inner and outer size of the strap holder at the neck plate, please let me know, mine is missing...