Squier unveils The Cribs signature

Discussion of newer designs, copies and reissue offset-waist instruments.
fuzzy_man_peach
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Squier unveils The Cribs signature

Post by fuzzy_man_peach » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:15 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJ58W2CAHi- ... d=thecribs

better pic! oh my!!! if squier release these colors i'm getting both! they look absolutely killer in red and sonic blue! gary if your reading this get squier to make it happen! :D

matbard
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by matbard » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:26 am

maybe these are the prototypes

dinosaurkale->
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by dinosaurkale-> » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:43 pm

ummm so how can we get these in the USA?
as of now, i only know of Thomann...

trinitrotoluene
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by trinitrotoluene » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:11 pm

I got mine from Kenny's Music in Scotland:

http://www.kennysmusic.co.uk/squier-fsr ... ure-guitar

They shipped it on August 25th and I received it on August 30th, which is very fast.

caliban
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by caliban » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:09 am

fuzzy_man_peach wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/BJ58W2CAHi- ... d=thecribs

better pic! oh my!!! if squier release these colors i'm getting both! they look absolutely killer in red and sonic blue! gary if your reading this get squier to make it happen!
The red looks pretty rad indeed...

fuzzy_man_peach
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by fuzzy_man_peach » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:02 am

a better pic of both the red mus-uar and sonic blue comet together also a sunburst bass at the back, i really hope squier do these colors for the public as i much prefer the red guitar with plain headstock it just looks miles better in my opinion also think the sonic blue bass looks really cool too compared to the current color!

pikmin
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by pikmin » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:32 am

Did somebody already post this video ? : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJUqyUyjEoI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ro_S
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Ro_S » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:20 am

I received my one today.

Mine has two string trees. (I know some come with one or no string trees.) The factory setup/inspection is signed July or August (I forget which).

I have a few offset guitars, but this is my first shortscale. I think I'm gonna find it very comfy to play, but now I'm worried that it'll make me lazy and not want to play my 25.5" guitars?!

I've taken resistance readings of the pickups - although only rough readings via the output jack.
The neck pickup read approx 5.6k. That's consistent with the same pickup model used on the VM Jaguar model.
The bridge humbucker pickup read approx 8.5k, but that can't be correct. It's supposed to be "high" output and based on the S/Duncan JB model. I presume that the wiring must be throwing the reading out, and that 8.5k is just one coil?

I'm planning on: replacing the bridge pickup; removing the kill switch, and putting a 3-way pickup selector switch in its place; and changing the wiring of the two slider switches for different pickup switching/wiring options.
Effects for Me & my Monkey
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/effectsformeandmymonkey
YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/RSguitarEFFECTS

matbard
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by matbard » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:42 am

The sunburst Comet is gorgeous! It needs blocks+binding too!

smalahove
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by smalahove » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:58 pm

@Jarman

Will Fender/Squier offer your sig models in those (new) colors as well? :w00t:

Jarman
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Jarman » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:13 am

Greeting from Seoul, Korea.
I'm stuck in traffic in the back of a taxi cab from the airport, so have got some downtime!

OK, first up its cool to see people's ideas for how they are gonna mod these to make them their own. I think they are pretty cool guitars as stock, and definitely user friendly, but yeah we also totally endorse customising to make them into YOUR ideal set up. They ain't $1000 guitars, so party on.

As for the custom colours - these were presented to us at our recent show in London - kind of like a thank you gift from Fender to celebrate the official release of the guitars after years of R&D. I think those guys also probably thought we would want a little exclusivity too, now the guitars are in general release, with variant colours. Originally when we were doing the designs we came up with multiple colour-ways, and then Fender asked us to choose our favourite for the initial run, and then we would take it from there. So I'm hopin that if there is another run, we will be introducing new colours. It really depends on the popularity I guess. We haven't seen any numbers yet but it seems that the guitar is selling well. Not sure about the bass. The Fender guys were really into these new colours too though, so I'm hopeful that we may see them at some point down the line.

Having said that - when I got home to the USA from our Euro dates, all of my artist allocation of basses was waiting for me in the basement - and as much as I like the Sonic Blue and sunburst, the Ocean Turqouise is certainly my favourite. I think if we had initially released it as a sunburst bass people may have been coveting the OT...I dunno.

Sonic Blue and Fiesta Red are classic student model colours, think that's why we went for the Metallics initially - with the Mus-Uar being like a reverse Jag-Stang we thought a more Jag/Jazz finish would be appropriate. As I mentioned before, the Sonic Blue and Sunburst were envisioned with tortoiseshell guards, but due to not really liking the Chinese factory tortoiseshell I got them shipped with the standard pearloid. Fender are gonna make some US tortoiseshell guards for them, but they are kinda growing on me as they are.

Either way, glad yr enjoying them, and it's a cool feeling to see people playing em.

Nberon
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Nberon » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:36 am

@jarman did Ryan customize his signature guitar?or he just leave it completely stock...just curious :) :)

smalahove
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by smalahove » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:39 am

Thanks for the info, Jarman.

Btw. I love the color choices and reasoning behind them. However, if Fender does release other colors, I most def will be getting a second one, it's that good imho, and that is based on its "quirkiness". Kudos to you both.

Regardless of the sales # for your bass, it is still one of the coolest I've seen in a long time, and even though I don't need another one (have a Squier Jag SS bass + my wife's EBMM Sterling bass I "loan" from time to time), with the looks, price and unique features (f.inst. 32''), I will prob get one. Loving that OTM

nofx1982
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by nofx1982 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:32 am

DId I miss something, or is there really no North American love?? Looked everywhere on Canadian and USA sites and nothing!

Does anyone have any info? Preferably from Canada?

MErci
There's no such thing as Hell, but you can make it you'd like.

trinitrotoluene
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by trinitrotoluene » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:04 pm

nofx1982 wrote:DId I miss something, or is there really no North American love?? Looked everywhere on Canadian and USA sites and nothing!

Does anyone have any info? Preferably from Canada?

MErci
They are a FSR (Fender Special Run) exclusive to the UK market. I ordered mine from Kenny's Music in Scotland, and once shipped, the guitar arrived to the US within 5 days, which is very fast!

http://www.kennysmusic.co.uk/squier-fsr ... ure-guitar