Raising Arizona - 1967 Jaguar content

Bringing your older offset back to life.
øøøøøøø
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Raising Arizona - 1967 Jaguar content

Post by øøøøøøø » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:10 am

SurfGreen wrote: Man, that makes it that much better with the finish being original!

That thing will look 100 percent better to once the Jag control plates go back on along with that pickguard you're looking for.

Think that will be an actual tortoise guard from the sixties that will end up on that baby?

That would look awesome. I wonder why the Guitar Centers around Michigan don't have such deals.

I guess it pays to be in the right place at the right time.

I know that's how it was when I bought that Princeton amp of mine. It's a 1964. As soon as I saw it, I put a hold on it.

Same thing with the reverb unit.

The vintage guitars are getting harder and harder to even get a chance to get a bid on, let alone see in person.

SG
Not true.  Prices are going down finally.  The bubble is bursting.  The recession will drive prices way down when it hits.

Do a completed listings search for "Fender" in musical instruments on eBay and sort by "price- highest first."

There is nearly a whole page of vintage strats and teles that did not sell or even get a single bid at prices they would've sold for 2 years ago or even a year ago.  Once the recession hits, if it hits, it's only going to get more that way. The perfect all-original examples will likely stay high, but the bubble will burst on the re-finned and modded ones.

I've already been talking to my wife, and if prices get low enough, I'm going to do what I have to do to get a 60s strat refin.

OffYourFace
Mods
Mods

Post by OffYourFace » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:13 am

øøøøøøø wrote:

I've already been talking to my wife, and if prices get low enough, I'm going to do what I have to do to get a 60s strat refin.
:o :o :o :o

Ryan
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Ryan » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:32 am

OffYourFace wrote:
øøøøøøø wrote:

:o :o :o :o
I know; does anyone else get the sense he's going to sell his wife on the black market from that post?

berlinbetty
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by berlinbetty » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:36 am

I hope he posts her in the For Sale section first!  ;)
One more guitar, then I'll practice!

SurfGreen
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by SurfGreen » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Hi guys and girls,

I did check ebay and you're right sir, there are deals to be had.

I was checking the Fender Jaguars. I am interested in only the American made ones. There was a sunburst one from 1966-67 that went for $1600, a 1964 Candy Apple Red for $3,829, a Jag reissue for $1,000 and an Olympic White refin from 1962 that went for $1,681.

Those were only the first few ones I glanced at. Like you say many never sold or got a bid.

I have never used ebay before, let alone bid on a vintage guitar from ebay.

So I will look into it.

Surf.
Surf's Up!

øøøøøøø
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by øøøøøøø » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:18 am

don't be in a hurry.  Values are going the 'right' way for a buyer.  Prices normally dip a little bit in the summer anyway, so I bet they continue to fall at least through then.  But probably more. 

Vintage guitar prices went up ridiculously fast in the last 5-10 years, and reality had to catch up sometime.  I think the mania is temporarily over.

"Blue chip" pieces like '59 Les Pauls and all original vintage Fenders will still stay high, but my prediction is that guitars with "issues" will likely fall back to earth.

Which I am glad about.  They call the "issues" guitars and re-fins "player's" guitars for a reason.  They are less collectable, less valuable, and just as playable.  That was ceasing to be the case, but that might all be turning around soon.  Lots of collector-people will lose money. 

One thing I'm not sure about is the market overseas.  Is the market in Japan going soft, too?