I like this! St. VIncent EB MM Guitar

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
Baconfish
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: I like this! St. VIncent EB MM Guitar

Post by Baconfish » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:20 pm

I adore that thing when it's in the blue finish, mismatched headstock included. In fact if it had a pointy angular headstock I think it'd probably make it look a lot more generic.

frelonvert
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by frelonvert » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:59 pm

In a show business as music or pop music, esthetic is at least as important as the music itself.
Especially since internet, the images are almost everytime the first connexion you will have with an artist.

It is not new, images are so powerfull.

I play in an instrumental band. At everyshow: "your music is great but you should take a singer"... but why if the music is great? Because you have to be visual too and most of time the singer is the center of the attention. So... projecting movies, having a sexy bassist, special clothing or disguise... anything to make the show.
Of course you can decide to not do it but don't be surprise if people are bored.

On an other level, the imagery of an artist is marketing too:
Why is musicman making a St Vincent sig guitar? because she deserves it? haha...
I don't think that they plan to sell thousand of those but may be they just want to get the attention of a new public for their brand.
I think that a lot of guitarist would like to have a free, signature, made to your spec guitars + the money and publicity you can get with endorsemnent.
I believe that half the KC jags or mustangs that were sold were bought by fans and not guitarist. Even if these are great guitars.
Image is everything.
Take care the skons is evrywhere !

Danley
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Danley » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:02 pm

kdanie wrote:
novamax wrote: Just imagine a country singer with a Schecter or B.C. Rich Warlock. Or a metal player with Guild with Bigsby. I'm pretty sure, it would not suffice that he plays good music there...
Just to poke the bear a little-

Hmmm... Alabama with a lime green Parker Fly instead of the country standard tele:

I was quite surprised to see this but they sounded great even though the lime green was a little distracting.

It also shows that not all old guys feel the need to sport bright Koi aloha shirts.

ken
Wow, a freaking Musicman...
King Buzzo: I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Oig
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Oig » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:19 pm

So, back to the EB....I love it ;)

Johnny Alien
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Johnny Alien » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:49 pm

They are coming out with an slightly updated version of the Stingray guitar. A new offset for Musicman!

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:17 pm

rhythmjones wrote:BTW Larry:

You should check out STV, she's amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YNoppwf8Pg
Thank you! I've been listening a bit... it's good, it's challenging which isn't a bad thing. She's a very good guitar player, but not in the way that you usually hear about good guitar players on guitar forums. She writes well on guitar, which I respect, is what I mean. I probably need some more listens to really learn to like it, though.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

Danley
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Danley » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:19 pm

Johnny Alien wrote:They are coming out with an slightly updated version of the Stingray guitar. A new offset for Musicman!
Yeah, now I'm interested.
King Buzzo: I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

OffYourFace
Mods
Mods

Post by OffYourFace » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:45 pm

My god, where do you guys get the energy to discuss this shit for so long? Lol
Maybe it's my age or maybe it's my job but I'm so sick of guitars these days. I've got a closet full of them and I wish they'd magically transform into a pile of cash... Except for 3-4 of them ;D

mackerelmint
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by mackerelmint » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:21 pm

You know what I like about Annie Clark? She finds good ways to wear her hair. Also I like her music, but I have the same kind of hair she has and I've always used stuff to keep it straight, but I'm growing it back out and it's humid in new England so it just curls right back up because that humidity spoils hairdos like chinga. So she's inspired me to just figure out how to deal with this pain in the ass hair and find good cuts for the curls.

Thanks Annie! That's way better than a guitar that doesn't squish your boobs, because I already have those. Jazzmasters are pretty boob friendly, for the record.
This is an excellent rectangle

OffYourFace
Mods
Mods

Post by OffYourFace » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:34 pm

regarding the boob thing, I think the problem is that she wears her guitar too high like a Jazz fusion guitarist haha

mackerelmint
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by mackerelmint » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:40 pm

Yeah, that's true. I wear mine fairly high as well, but not that high.
This is an excellent rectangle

dezb1
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by dezb1 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:04 am

OffYourFace wrote:regarding the boob thing, I think the problem is that she wears her guitar too high like a Jazz fusion guitarist haha

Ether that or she wears it like Jimmy Page and has some serious droop...

Johnny Alien
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Johnny Alien » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:23 am

Danley wrote:
Johnny Alien wrote:They are coming out with an slightly updated version of the Stingray guitar. A new offset for Musicman!
Yeah, now I'm interested.
This is from the ernie ball forums.

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:21 pm

mackerelmint wrote:You know what I like about Annie Clark? She finds good ways to wear her hair. Also I like her music, but I have the same kind of hair she has and I've always used stuff to keep it straight, but I'm growing it back out and it's humid in new England so it just curls right back up because that humidity spoils hairdos like chinga. So she's inspired me to just figure out how to deal with this pain in the ass hair and find good cuts for the curls.

Thanks Annie! That's way better than a guitar that doesn't squish your boobs, because I already have those. Jazzmasters are pretty boob friendly, for the record.
MY SISTER!
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

jbuckner
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jbuckner » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:45 pm

OffYourFace wrote:regarding the boob thing, I think the problem is that she wears her guitar too high like a Jazz fusion guitarist haha
Considering that Annie's uncle is Tuck Andress from Tuck & Patti…I'd say your correct on the "jazz" strap positions. She used to be their roadie and open for them before she was "St. Vincent".