Millimetric guitars.

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
User avatar
dezb1
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 494
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:20 am
Location: Glasgow

Re: Millimetric guitars.

Post by dezb1 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:37 pm

The MGS3 is a cracking looking guitar

User avatar
parry
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 7780
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:08 am
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Contact:

Re: Millimetric guitars.

Post by parry » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:44 pm

tribi9 wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:35 pm
parry wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:02 pm
I thought now might be a good time to bump this thread.

Image

Everything about Millimetric.
YES.
PLEASE.

:-*

I LOVE this guy.
I look forward to posting a NGD thread.

You got one of these?? Im officially jealous.
Don't be.
Not yet, anyway... :whistle:
NEW USER FAQ ANSWERS: Mastery trem, Staytrem bridge, Spitfire tort, replace electronics, replace pickups, match headstock, replace Squier logo with Fender, witch hats, amber switch-tip, flatwounds (heavy)

User avatar
gusman2x
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 560
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:47 am

Re: Millimetric guitars.

Post by gusman2x » Wed May 30, 2018 1:01 am

Bump time

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 6482
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:22 pm
Location: Stuck in the dimension of imagination

Re: Millimetric guitars.

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Wed May 30, 2018 1:45 am

I like that a lot!! I also dig how it could change to a lefty SUPER easy with a string or neck swap. No electronics in the way, symmetrical looking body shape. Dig it.
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384

User avatar
gusman2x
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 560
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:47 am

Re: Millimetric guitars.

Post by gusman2x » Wed May 30, 2018 3:44 am

Shadoweclipse13 wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 1:45 am
I like that a lot!! I also dig how it could change to a lefty SUPER easy with a string or neck swap. No electronics in the way, symmetrical looking body shape. Dig it.
Yeah, I think that was one of the initial design criteria. Not that that's why I like it, I just liked the cold and utilitarian design.

User avatar
Jazzmastervsjaguar
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 622
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 7:37 am
Location: Washington DC
Contact:

Re: Millimetric guitars.

Post by Jazzmastervsjaguar » Wed May 30, 2018 3:59 am

My favorite is the clear control cavity with the super detailed, clean wiring work.

User avatar
marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 2078
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:37 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Millimetric guitars.

Post by marqueemoon » Wed May 30, 2018 4:54 am

I just saw he’s doing his version of lipstick pickups. Pretty interesting.

User avatar
fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat
Posts: 2847
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:32 am
Location: Seattle

Re: Millimetric guitars.

Post by fuzzjunkie » Wed May 30, 2018 7:06 am

Shadoweclipse13 wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 1:45 am
I like that a lot!! I also dig how it could change to a lefty SUPER easy with a string or neck swap. No electronics in the way, symmetrical looking body shape. Dig it.
I would hear a crackle every time I used the pick up switch, even with a right angle plug I would accidentally hit it. The jack is too close to the switch for me. The concentric tone/volume knob is utilitarian, but also too cramped behind the bridge. I would go from neck to middle or bridge every time I did a volume swell.

User avatar
mediocreplayer
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 844
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:59 am

Re: Millimetric guitars.

Post by mediocreplayer » Wed May 30, 2018 7:30 am

This looks amazing! How does it sound?

There is no way though that the positioning of these knobs is good design. But I assume he can put them some where else on the guitar?

User avatar
InLimbo
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1025
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:47 pm

Re: Millimetric guitars.

Post by InLimbo » Wed May 30, 2018 8:21 am

I really like the super subtle fret markers on the example above. Not sure about each fret having one on the side of the neck though, despite the traditional locations being slightly longer. Actually, I'm not sure how much I depend on the side fret markers, but I feel like if I did I would get confused easily.

User avatar
gusman2x
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 560
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:47 am

Re: Millimetric guitars.

Post by gusman2x » Wed May 30, 2018 10:10 am

mediocreplayer wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 7:30 am
This looks amazing! How does it sound?

There is no way though that the positioning of these knobs is good design. But I assume he can put them some where else on the guitar?
No joke, it’s the best sounding guitar I’ve owned. The bridge is a hb, and the neck a P90. Favourite hb I’ve ever played by a long shot. Thicker than I’m used to, but with plenty of bite.

Yeah the controls are a master stroke of irony. A design so utilitarian in its appearance, but flawed in its application. The knobs don’t bother me as the vol is easy enough to use, and I don’t normally use the tone knob playing live. For sure the selector is a cock up though. But, I’m ok with a bit of form over function.

User avatar
Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 6482
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:22 pm
Location: Stuck in the dimension of imagination

Re: Millimetric guitars.

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Wed May 30, 2018 3:30 pm

fuzzjunkie wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 7:06 am
Shadoweclipse13 wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 1:45 am
I like that a lot!! I also dig how it could change to a lefty SUPER easy with a string or neck swap. No electronics in the way, symmetrical looking body shape. Dig it.
I would hear a crackle every time I used the pick up switch, even with a right angle plug I would accidentally hit it. The jack is too close to the switch for me. The concentric tone/volume knob is utilitarian, but also too cramped behind the bridge. I would go from neck to middle or bridge every time I did a volume swell.
I probably would too.
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384

User avatar
loveinathens
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1268
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:03 pm
Location: Manila, Philippines

Re: Millimetric guitars.

Post by loveinathens » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:57 pm

I honestly wonder what Florian's house looks like.

Post Reply