I like this! St. VIncent EB MM Guitar

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
mackerelmint
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: I like this! St. VIncent EB MM Guitar

Post by mackerelmint » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:20 pm

Maggieo wrote:
mackerelmint wrote:You know what I like about Annie Clark? She finds good ways to wear her hair. Also I like her music, but I have the same kind of hair she has and I've always used stuff to keep it straight, but I'm growing it back out and it's humid in new England so it just curls right back up because that humidity spoils hairdos like chinga. So she's inspired me to just figure out how to deal with this pain in the ass hair and find good cuts for the curls.

Thanks Annie! That's way better than a guitar that doesn't squish your boobs, because I already have those. Jazzmasters are pretty boob friendly, for the record.
MY SISTER!
:D
This is an excellent rectangle

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:08 pm

For the record, a Jazzmaster is also very friendly to the penis. I can only think of a half-dozen, ten or eleven at the absolute most, times that I've damaged my penis severely while playing my Jazzmaster.

Now, this new Ernie Ball St. Vincent guitar, I can't say how that will work with my penis. I went to the nearest Guitar Center, and then the second nearest, in order to investigate exactly that, but I was asked to leave for whatever reason. It was a busy day there. I'll go back when it's slower and let you all know what I find out.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

Danley
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Danley » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:46 pm

Johnny Alien wrote:
Danley wrote:
Johnny Alien wrote:They are coming out with an slightly updated version of the Stingray guitar. A new offset for Musicman!
Yeah, now I'm interested.
This is from the ernie ball forums.

I'm sort of enthusiastic about it, even if it's another "in-shape-only" clone.

Though I really sort of wish they'd made use of the giant control plate with something clever instead of circumsizing it.

How many boob/penis reference does Ernie Ball engender?
King Buzzo: I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

starflower
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by starflower » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:28 pm

Larry Mal wrote:For the record, a Jazzmaster is also very friendly to the penis. I can only think of a half-dozen, ten or eleven at the absolute most, times that I've damaged my penis severely while playing my Jazzmaster.

Now, this new Ernie Ball St. Vincent guitar, I can't say how that will work with my penis. I went to the nearest Guitar Center, and then the second nearest, in order to investigate exactly that, but I was asked to leave for whatever reason. It was a busy day there. I'll go back when it's slower and let you all know what I find out.

I'd like to say that I agree, and may be the very reason why I play my Jazzmasters live more than any other guitars I own. I'm sure many of of will chime in unison, Penis-Safe, Rarely Chafes(s)!

And much respect to Annie, she's amazing to see in person and indeed has the chops to deserve her own sig model. Along the same lines, I don't blame Annie for not playing the two VT models (#3 and #4, out of a total of 5 built by Mr. Park himself) that we gave Annie when she played in Seoul last August. Even if only off by just an inch or so, in retrospect the elongated curves deem to indeed have been possibly in the in the wrong places ;)

Sound Director & Composer at Sangwha / General Manager at Moollon Guitars. https://soundcloud.com/andi-roselund

RuffiansFC
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by RuffiansFC » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:46 am

øøøøøøø wrote:
Larry Mal wrote:For the record, a Jazzmaster is also very friendly to the penis. I can only think of a half-dozen, ten or eleven at the absolute most, times that I've damaged my penis severely while playing my Jazzmaster.

insert facile joke about Ernie BALL here!
When will they make the St. Peter model?

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:50 am

They already did:

“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

Dok
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Dok » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:59 am

Got to see her last night (and Erykah Badu oh my god) at the Hollywood Bowl. It's the third time I've seen her, and she really is a great guitar player. She stuck to the new model for most of the set but also brought out the Albert Lee for a few songs as well as a Fender Lead and a black offset I couldn't quite figure out. It might have just been a Jazzmaster but I was spending a lot of time being annoyed at the jerk next to me for taking up half of my seat, and also she played that one while laying on a hospital bed and being spun around by her backup dancers. Good shit.
Local milk person

boomlights
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by boomlights » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:52 pm

Here's some solo playage from that concert (emphasis on the higher register):

https://instagram.com/p/7DmcdqFc6A/

Baconfish
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Baconfish » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:28 am

Larry Mal wrote:
rhythmjones wrote:She's a very good guitar player, but not in the way that you usually hear about good guitar players on guitar forums.
So she doesn't play tired old blueswanky dadrock?

:shifty:

cincinnatiharry
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by cincinnatiharry » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:59 am

boomlights wrote:Here's some solo playage from that concert (emphasis on the higher register):

https://instagram.com/p/7DmcdqFc6A/
That is some bad ass original guitar playing right there, and sister-girl looks hawt.
"some misguided Marin county hot-tubber"

noisepunk
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by noisepunk » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:04 pm

I'm not super into st. vincent, but this is a pretty neat looking guitar- I've toyed with similar geometry in some body shapes I've drawn before.

MusicMan does have a pretty atrocious headstock shape though.

boomlights
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by boomlights » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:55 pm

Release date now moved to early March 2016 (& we can only hope for a quality demo w/ Annie)! I've passed up a few Bobkats & Colorkats in the passing months (this one especially, which I am still kind of regretting), so after the holidays are over & all the sales are done? Maybe I'll take a tour of Smarch weather climes & borrow a snow plow.

rhythmjones
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by rhythmjones » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:21 pm

boomlights wrote:Release date now moved to early March 2016 (& we can only hope for a quality demo w/ Annie)! I've passed up a few Bobkats & Colorkats in the passing months (this one especially, which I am still kind of regretting), so after the holidays are over & all the sales are done? Maybe I'll take a tour of Smarch weather climes & borrow a snow plow.

I played that guitar at CME last month. Tried to get my wife to buy it but she refuses to go electric.
- Mitch

RuffiansFC
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by RuffiansFC » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:27 pm

rhythmjones wrote:
boomlights wrote:Release date now moved to early March 2016 (& we can only hope for a quality demo w/ Annie)! I've passed up a few Bobkats & Colorkats in the passing months (this one especially, which I am still kind of regretting), so after the holidays are over & all the sales are done? Maybe I'll take a tour of Smarch weather climes & borrow a snow plow.

I played that guitar at CME last month. Tried to get my wife to buy it but she refuses to go electric.
that is when you say "Bob Dylan went electric. Are you saying you are better than Bob Dylan?"

and then you grab your pillow and blanket and head to the couch. after a day of two, NGD!

boomlights
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by boomlights » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:25 pm

Coulda been a contender w/ that one, but so it goes.

I have a quiet theory that quirky blues lawyers are snatching up Bobkats left & right since they're cheap & unlike most others in their price range (basically children's toys that have survived 50+ years of abuse, depending on your specimen), be it your Danelectros or Silvertones, big! time! stars! notwithstanding. What I'm trying to say is near-pristine Kats are few & far between, or else they're practically firewood & salvaged for parts (shame!), so that one should have been a no-brainer on my part, even if I cut up all the credit cards many yarns & yards ago.

There are too many appealing things about the MM signature, so I am pinching away until I can land one, or make it to NAMM & hog the booth until Premier Guitar kindly asks me to either 1) leave or 2) do a 3 hour demo while Charles Saufley eats fried rice in a corner (it will probably just devolve into this).