I like this! St. VIncent EB MM Guitar

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
OffYourFace
Mods
Mods

Re: I like this! St. VIncent EB MM Guitar

Post by OffYourFace » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:34 pm

regarding the boob thing, I think the problem is that she wears her guitar too high like a Jazz fusion guitarist haha
synth tech at www.rosensound.com

mackerelmint
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by mackerelmint » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:40 pm

Yeah, that's true. I wear mine fairly high as well, but not that high.
He could play the honky-tonk bassoon

dezb1
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by dezb1 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:04 am

OffYourFace wrote:regarding the boob thing, I think the problem is that she wears her guitar too high like a Jazz fusion guitarist haha

Ether that or she wears it like Jimmy Page and has some serious droop...

Johnny Alien
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Johnny Alien » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:23 am

Danley wrote:
Johnny Alien wrote:They are coming out with an slightly updated version of the Stingray guitar. A new offset for Musicman!
Yeah, now I'm interested.
This is from the ernie ball forums.

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:21 pm

mackerelmint wrote:You know what I like about Annie Clark? She finds good ways to wear her hair. Also I like her music, but I have the same kind of hair she has and I've always used stuff to keep it straight, but I'm growing it back out and it's humid in new England so it just curls right back up because that humidity spoils hairdos like chinga. So she's inspired me to just figure out how to deal with this pain in the ass hair and find good cuts for the curls.

Thanks Annie! That's way better than a guitar that doesn't squish your boobs, because I already have those. Jazzmasters are pretty boob friendly, for the record.
MY SISTER!
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

jbuckner
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jbuckner » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:45 pm

OffYourFace wrote:regarding the boob thing, I think the problem is that she wears her guitar too high like a Jazz fusion guitarist haha
Considering that Annie's uncle is Tuck Andress from Tuck & Patti…I'd say your correct on the "jazz" strap positions. She used to be their roadie and open for them before she was "St. Vincent".

mackerelmint
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by mackerelmint » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:20 pm

Maggieo wrote:
mackerelmint wrote:You know what I like about Annie Clark? She finds good ways to wear her hair. Also I like her music, but I have the same kind of hair she has and I've always used stuff to keep it straight, but I'm growing it back out and it's humid in new England so it just curls right back up because that humidity spoils hairdos like chinga. So she's inspired me to just figure out how to deal with this pain in the ass hair and find good cuts for the curls.

Thanks Annie! That's way better than a guitar that doesn't squish your boobs, because I already have those. Jazzmasters are pretty boob friendly, for the record.
MY SISTER!
:D
He could play the honky-tonk bassoon

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:08 pm

For the record, a Jazzmaster is also very friendly to the penis. I can only think of a half-dozen, ten or eleven at the absolute most, times that I've damaged my penis severely while playing my Jazzmaster.

Now, this new Ernie Ball St. Vincent guitar, I can't say how that will work with my penis. I went to the nearest Guitar Center, and then the second nearest, in order to investigate exactly that, but I was asked to leave for whatever reason. It was a busy day there. I'll go back when it's slower and let you all know what I find out.
So you have to ask from mother, "Who is my father?" And if she says, "This gentleman is your father," then it is all right. It is easy.

Danley
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Danley » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:46 pm

Johnny Alien wrote:
Danley wrote:
Johnny Alien wrote:They are coming out with an slightly updated version of the Stingray guitar. A new offset for Musicman!
Yeah, now I'm interested.
This is from the ernie ball forums.

I'm sort of enthusiastic about it, even if it's another "in-shape-only" clone.

Though I really sort of wish they'd made use of the giant control plate with something clever instead of circumsizing it.

How many boob/penis reference does Ernie Ball engender?

starflower
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by starflower » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:28 pm

Larry Mal wrote:For the record, a Jazzmaster is also very friendly to the penis. I can only think of a half-dozen, ten or eleven at the absolute most, times that I've damaged my penis severely while playing my Jazzmaster.

Now, this new Ernie Ball St. Vincent guitar, I can't say how that will work with my penis. I went to the nearest Guitar Center, and then the second nearest, in order to investigate exactly that, but I was asked to leave for whatever reason. It was a busy day there. I'll go back when it's slower and let you all know what I find out.

I'd like to say that I agree, and may be the very reason why I play my Jazzmasters live more than any other guitars I own. I'm sure many of of will chime in unison, Penis-Safe, Rarely Chafes(s)!

And much respect to Annie, she's amazing to see in person and indeed has the chops to deserve her own sig model. Along the same lines, I don't blame Annie for not playing the two VT models (#3 and #4, out of a total of 5 built by Mr. Park himself) that we gave Annie when she played in Seoul last August. Even if only off by just an inch or so, in retrospect the elongated curves deem to indeed have been possibly in the in the wrong places ;)

Sound Director & Composer at Sangwha / General Manager at Moollon Guitars. https://soundcloud.com/andi-roselund

øøøøøøø
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by øøøøøøø » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:33 am

Larry Mal wrote:For the record, a Jazzmaster is also very friendly to the penis. I can only think of a half-dozen, ten or eleven at the absolute most, times that I've damaged my penis severely while playing my Jazzmaster.

insert facile joke about Ernie BALL here!

RuffiansFC
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by RuffiansFC » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:46 am

øøøøøøø wrote:

When will they make the St. Peter model?

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:50 am

RuffiansFC wrote:
øøøøøøø wrote:

When will they make the St. Peter model?
They already did:

“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

Dok
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Dok » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:59 am

Got to see her last night (and Erykah Badu oh my god) at the Hollywood Bowl. It's the third time I've seen her, and she really is a great guitar player. She stuck to the new model for most of the set but also brought out the Albert Lee for a few songs as well as a Fender Lead and a black offset I couldn't quite figure out. It might have just been a Jazzmaster but I was spending a lot of time being annoyed at the jerk next to me for taking up half of my seat, and also she played that one while laying on a hospital bed and being spun around by her backup dancers. Good shit.
Local milk person

boomlights
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by boomlights » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:52 pm

Here's some solo playage from that concert (emphasis on the higher register):

https://instagram.com/p/7DmcdqFc6A/