PRS SE Singlecut Trem

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
OnlyVees
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

PRS SE Singlecut Trem

Post by OnlyVees » Thu May 07, 2009 11:29 am

I think I may have found my rock'n'roll guitar. My CP Jag just isnt' cutting it in my current project. It's not the guitar's fault- it just doesn't play really well with medium-high amounts of gain. (SD Antiquity II's surely don't help)

So I stumbled into my Center of Pointy Guitars today hoping to find something interesting that doesn't cost several thousands of dollars. I really wanted to like the PRS SE 24; I've always loved the classic PRS shape, but it just didn't feel right. I reluctantly plugged in an SE Singlecut Trem. It felt almost as good as my Jag, and played even better.

I haven't played a guitar with buckers in a looong time. I forgot how round and smooth they sound. Again, for clean to Tweed stuff, the Jag is it. Otherwise, holy crap. For a budget (tagged $599) guitar, this thing sounded great. Harmonically rich, creamy, etc... with quite a bit of output. I wasn't able to use the trem- per GC's policy of keeping the bars behind the counter.

I dearly love my Jag, but I think I have to go back and buy this thing. And use my 10% off coupon. I think this one is Tobacco Burst in color.

Squier CV Tele, Squier 51, MIK Squier Strat, AC15C1.

Always GASing.

Soochdaddy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: PRS SE Singlecut Trem

Post by Soochdaddy » Thu May 07, 2009 11:44 am

You gotta do what you gotta do to get the job done.

Sounds like you think it's a fine guitar.

FWIW, I don't like the flamey top.  I don't like flamey tops, or quilted, or curly, or spalted, etc...  My pref would be a straight/subdued wood grain on a transparent finish.  Not saying YOU shouldn't get it 'cause it's got a flamey top, just commenting on the pic.
"I want to be able to purchase gin in bulk at Costco on a Sunday. So I totally voted." - chrisrnps

"Always socks on cocks-as to protect my low hanging guitar from getting 'cock rash' when playing in the nude, of course." - basique