Glue line between fretboard and neck

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
swftgtrs
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Glue line between fretboard and neck

Post by swftgtrs » Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:25 pm

Hello!
It's Nick)
I'm building some of my first guitars. For the fingerboards I used ebony, richlight and maple.
On all guitars, except maple, the fingerboard stuck perfectly. No traces are visible.
But on the maple setup, things are a little different...
In some places there were minor irregularities that I did not even see before gluing. And almost along the entire length I see a strip of glue. I tried to open the problem a little and fill it with wood dust with CA glue, but CA glue also leaves dark marks.
The same situation happened with the side markers. In the photos you can see traces of glue that filled in the smallest cracks and chips.

Please help with advice, how can I hide these traces so that after applying the varnish they are not visible? Perhaps I need to choose the right color of paint or marker and paint over these points, and then varnish them? Or use a filler...
As a last resort, I planned to paint the neck white and make the paint line slightly above these chips, leaving the natural color fingerboard.

Well, the toughest option is to make a relic of this guitar so that all these moments look appropriate.

ImageImageImage