NGD: A Special Gibson LP Special

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
PixMix
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: NGD: A Special Gibson LP Special

Post by PixMix » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:36 pm

BoringPostcards wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:15 pm
I guess I am in the minority. I love those cheapo open grain finishes that Gibson does.
I love how it looks and feels.

It looks great with the gloss as well. I love this model. DC Special is a great body shape.
I don't have an issue with the way the "faded" finishes feel. I have a couple other ones that will remain like that, but this one was supposed to be a project, originally intended to be a bit more than just a gloss job, but then I chickened out seeing the nice two-piece body. I was fantasizing over doing a bit more unique color + pg combo, but this will do for now.

BoringPostcards
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: NGD: A Special Gibson LP Special

Post by BoringPostcards » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:21 pm

PixMix wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:36 pm
BoringPostcards wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:15 pm
I guess I am in the minority. I love those cheapo open grain finishes that Gibson does.
I love how it looks and feels.

It looks great with the gloss as well. I love this model. DC Special is a great body shape.
I don't have an issue with the way the "faded" finishes feel. I have a couple other ones that will remain like that, but this one was supposed to be a project, originally intended to be a bit more than just a gloss job, but then I chickened out seeing the nice two-piece body. I was fantasizing over doing a bit more unique color + pg combo, but this will do for now.
You did a fantastic job. It came out really well. I've had my eye on this model, but none have appeared locally thus far.
Det er mig der holder traeerne sammen.