Incoming NSD

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
Danley
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Incoming NSD

Post by Danley » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:21 pm

MKR wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:29 am
seems like a nice option. I never really understood the logic of the traditional strat tone control.
I've never had a Strat with a tone active on the bridge single. I get along fine that way, though I also understand why a tone is not wasted in that position, and why people mod them in such a way. But I guess I *do* get the original design in a couple respects (not saying these make total practical sense in the 21st century but...) If you use the same output uncalibrated/identical pickups in all three positions, then (heights adjusted equal) the bridge pickup will be the quietest one. But- if the neck and middle are 'loaded' with an additional 250k pot each (orig. 100k in 1954,) then possibly not having any pot except a volume control affect the bridge position was an effort to equalize volume between the pickups. Also, if you asked Leo: "What do I do if I want a less-bright bridge?" I bet he'd have told you to use the middle :D This is all back-logic ;)
King Buzzo: I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

somanytoys
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Incoming NSD

Post by somanytoys » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:25 pm

ThePearDream wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:50 pm
MKR wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:29 am
seems like a nice option. I never really understood the logic of the traditional strat tone control.
Just between you and me, I'd say that Leo Fender, for all of his brilliant ideas, did get a few things wrong.
Just so you know, I (over)heard that.

You can do that kinda shit when you’re a pioneer...haha
-David

It's a boost booster, to boost your boost - it makes your tone much muchier.