new Fender American Performer series

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).

First impressions?

Nice! :)
23%
Hit & miss
34%
Meh...
17%
No thanks >:(
26%

Total votes: 47

timtam
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: new Fender American Performer series

Post by timtam » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:31 am

A pile of Am Performer demos hit youtube today from various stores ... GC, MF, SW, etc. This was one of the rare ones that showed the JM.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_vSKhGFShU

The Mustang got little or no time except this almost content-free effort ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl5hfuTWKsw

Although looks like Fender did release this on the Mustang a few days ago ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvVJ_EH1D-s
"I just knew I wanted to make a sound that was the complete opposite of a Les Paul, and that’s pretty much a Jaguar." Rowland S. Howard.

Marrcissist
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Marrcissist » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:10 am

I was really excited, seeing an American made Jazzmaster for $1,099. Thinking it was a steal, so I’m looking at the colors, and then see a picture of the back, and it’s a string through, and then had to go back and look at the front shot. I couldn’t believe that they’s Mess up a perfectly good Jazzmaster with a hard tail. Really Fender? You’ve all ready got the monstrosities that are the player series, anniversary series, and even the professional. Can’t we have a well built, American made Jazzmaster in a few custom colors, with a rhythm/lead circuit, with a working tremolo and bridge (like the LPB Johnny Marr Jag does), single coil pickups, and an unbound dot neck. Is it really that hard!

Embenny
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Embenny » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:16 am

Marrcissist wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:10 am
I was really excited, seeing an American made Jazzmaster for $1,099. Thinking it was a steal, so I’m looking at the colors, and then see a picture of the back, and it’s a string through, and then had to go back and look at the front shot. I couldn’t believe that they’s Mess up a perfectly good Jazzmaster with a hard tail. Really Fender? You’ve all ready got the monstrosities that are the player series, anniversary series, and even the professional. Can’t we have a well built, American made Jazzmaster in a few custom colors, with a rhythm/lead circuit, with a working tremolo and bridge (like the LPB Johnny Marr Jag does), single coil pickups, and an unbound dot neck. Is it really that hard!
Um...it's not a hard tail? It's a strat trem, which is equally puzzling. I'm not sure where you saw a string-through hardtail JM.
The artist formerly known as mbene085.

Marrcissist
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Marrcissist » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:33 pm

Didn’t mean to say hard tail, my bad. Either way, the strat style trem looks awful on a Jazzmaster.

Tehz_
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Tehz_ » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:05 pm

I played one of the performer Telecasters tonight. Really great! Felt a little bit higher-quality than I remember the American Special series being. I dont think I would pay $1,100 for one, but I’m sure we’ll be able to find used ones for reasonably less money within the next handful of months. In a year? Easily.