Pic requests: colour comparison

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
Futuron
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Pic requests: colour comparison

Post by Futuron » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:08 am

Living in remote areas means you can't "try before you buy", and I'm curious about some guitars I would need to buy online, so...

What I want is some photos of certain guitar finishes in the context of others. Perhaps you own some of these, know of some existing photos or have access to an instrument shop where you could take some quick snaps? It's easy to find umpteen photos of the finish on its own or with others in the same series, but not of this year's special colours compared with last year's and so on. Of course finishes will look different depending on the angle and lighting etc, so that is why the other colour in the same photo gives me a helpful reference.

THE ACTUAL QUESTION: I'm interested in what Sage Green looks like next to Antique Olive. And for the following: Mystic Seafoam, Ocean Turquoise, Sonic Grey, Tidepool, Daphne Blue, Mystic Ice Blue compared against each other. (I've seen most of these individually, but not together.) Can anyone help me here please?

Here is an example of what I'm after from daysleeperjeff of Mystic Seafoam next to Ocean Turquoise:

(All of them in one would be marvellous but I won't hold my breath)

Singlebladepickup
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Pic requests: colour comparison

Post by Singlebladepickup » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:46 am

I don’t have any olive, but I just posted a sage green bass in guitar family thread. It’s next to my iris mist jm, getting natural light through the window.

oid
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by oid » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:10 am

Why not just make a collage from the pictures off of the fender website? They are quite consistent with their lighting and photography, should make a good reference.
Logic gates based on billiard-ball computer designs have also been made to operate using live soldier crabs of the species Mictyris guinotae in place of the billiard balls.

Futuron
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Futuron » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:45 pm

I'm trying to decide which colours I like more than others, and avoid those that look 'too similar' to others. And coordinate that with what I already have. There's @10 finishes I like in currently available guitars so I'm trying to prioritise since only a few are reasonably possible.

I've saved individual images to my computer from the Fender website and look at them a lot (it only gets you so far), but if I could get hold of photos taken in natural light showing a comparison of sorts I think they'd tell the story a lot better. Seems no one has any or has a well-stocked local place they can take some snaps at. I'll have to keep trawling 'collection' threads even though they tend to be mostly vintage colours.

That Sage Jag bass is one I'm seriously considering, however I've seen a Tidepool J bass and that is a nice colour too. And if I end up going for the HH Jazzmaster, then I wouldn't want 2 guitars in the Sage Green. It's a killer colour. I need to know that it isn't too similar to the Olive Jag I have. I don't think it is but peace of mind in confirmation is what I'm after. And that is the minor query, the main one is about all those blues!

andy_tchp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by andy_tchp » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:06 pm

Damn, I had a Sage Green Metallic Strat that looked amazing but no longer own it.

Could've taken a pic next to my AVRI OTM Jaguar. Can dig out the Strat picture on its own if that's in any way useful?

Regardless, there absolutely needs to be more offsets in Sage Green.
"I don't know why we asked him to join the band 'cause the rest of us don't like country music all that much; we just like Graham Lee."
David McComb, 1987.

Futuron
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Futuron » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:47 pm

Any pics is better than no pics, even if it doesn't quite get me what I'm looking for it's still worth looking at! Thanks, if it's a hassle don't feel obligated though