Fender: Make a Richard Lloyd Signature Stratocaster

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Fender: Make a Richard Lloyd Signature Stratocaster

Post by Maggieo » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:42 am

Hey gang,

I've started a FB page to convince Fender to make a Richard Lloyd signature Strat, based on his cool '61 Strat the he recorded Marquee Moon with, and a a bunch of other stuff. (Like Matthew Sweet's records.)

Here's a link, and I'd be in y'all's debt if y'all signed up.

https://www.facebook.com/richardlloydstrat/

“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Fender: Make a Richard Lloyd Signature Stratocaster

Post by marqueemoon » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:51 am

Eastwood just released a signature guitar for him. It's fugly.

He's also been trying to distance himself from Television for quite a while. He's officially out of the band (again).

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:13 am

marqueemoon wrote:Eastwood just released a signature guitar for him. It's fugly.

He's also been trying to distance himself from Television for quite a while. He's officially out of the band (again).
I know, that Eastwood is awful and really has nothing to do with him.

Tom kind of kicked him out of the band because he prefers playing with Jimmy Rip these days.
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

daemon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by daemon » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:56 pm

I would buy a signature model if it came with lessons.

Resolution is demanded

Soggasaurus
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Soggasaurus » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:02 am

I'm 100% on board with this, he's the main reason I've got a Strat. I've tried to get mine as close as possible to his (minus that crazy paint job, which is just awesome) but it'd really be easier if Fender just did the work for me.

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:32 am

Soggasaurus wrote:I'm 100% on board with this, he's the main reason I've got a Strat. I've tried to get mine as close as possible to his (minus that crazy paint job, which is just awesome) but it'd really be easier if Fender just did the work for me.
It'd be cool if Fender Japan made an affordable version.

I'm afraid it would be a Custom Shop, exact replica, that costs more than unobtanium.

stevejamsecono
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by stevejamsecono » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:45 pm

As deserving as he is of a signature, would it really be any different from a stock Strat? He just strikes me as the kind of guy who isn't a big gearhead, and as far as I know he didn't do anything nutty to his '61 until the paintjob.
And you find out life isn't like that
It's so hard to understand
Why the world is your oyster but your future's a clam

Resident Yamaha Fanboy

COYS

StevenO
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by StevenO » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:57 pm

I always hated that paint job. So not really on board as in I'll be buying one, but if it makes people happy to have a mass-produced version of his guitar, I'm all for it.

I always felt Verlaine's guitars to be more interesting. Still not sure I'd want him to have a signature guitar, though.

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:41 am

StevenO wrote:I always hated that paint job. So not really on board as in I'll be buying one, but if it makes people happy to have a mass-produced version of his guitar, I'm all for it.

I always felt Verlaine's guitars to be more interesting. Still not sure I'd want him to have a signature guitar, though.
Would it change you mind if you knew it was LPB and not black?

StevenO
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by StevenO » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:05 am

Maggieo wrote:
StevenO wrote:I always hated that paint job. So not really on board as in I'll be buying one, but if it makes people happy to have a mass-produced version of his guitar, I'm all for it.

Would it change you mind if you knew it was LPB and not black?
Hmm... I don't think so. I just don't really care for that pinstriping. But if others do, great! :)

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:10 pm

It's not pinstripe- it's clear lacquer, down to the natural alder.