NGD! Fano Alt de Facto TC6!

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Re: NGD! Fano Alt de Facto TC6!

Post by Maggieo » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:25 am

antisymmetric wrote:Lots of cool things about this guitar. I really like Fano's take on the Tele bridge. Very nice.
Thank you!

The bridge is amazing. It's like a mashup of trad Fender, G&L, & Joe Barden, but thicker and heavier.
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by marqueemoon » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:50 am

I also love the bridge and the Silvertone-esque vibes.

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:06 pm

“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

Venice Lockjaw
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Venice Lockjaw » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:53 pm

How does it compare to that Kelly Tele?

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:49 am

Venice Lockjaw wrote:How does it compare to that Kelly Tele?
Quite well, actually. In some ways they're very different- the Fano is still, at it's heart, a factory guitar, albeit a very fine factory. Kind of like a Fender Custom Shop. It's fantastic; sounds and plays great, and is gorgeous. You can't buy a better guitar...except...

The Kelly guitars are another beast entirely- they're ancient wood and totally hand-made by Rick. They're flat-out amazing. Imagine the electric guitar version of a pre-war Martin and you're in the ballpark of what a Bowery Pine guitar is like. I've never played anything like Rick's guitars; they're singular accomplishments.

That said, I love the Fano like crazy now that'd I've had it for a while. The compound radius neck and shaped heel are incredibly easy to play, like no other Tele.

Venice Lockjaw
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Venice Lockjaw » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:30 pm

They both sound like a real treat! Happy for you :)

aaronstrumpel
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by aaronstrumpel » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:43 pm

[quote="Maggieo"]I love Silvertone and ST-esque guitars.

TeleStar Mona Body, November, 2009 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

ugh, i love Telestars!

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:02 am

The only downside to Tele-Stars are the pots, which are crap. But, obviously, very easy to remedy.

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:03 am

Venice Lockjaw wrote:They both sound like a real treat! Happy for you
Thanks!

I am ridiculously lucky. Of course, not having kids to worry about means I have more guitar money. :unsure: