NG&LD

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
PaulDesmondTutu
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

NG&LD

Post by PaulDesmondTutu » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:25 am

Hi everyone,

Ever since I moved to the U.K. I haven't been around very much here but now I'm done with my first year I have too much time on my hand and thought I might as well share my newest acquisition. I joined the Folk Ensembe we have at the Conservatoire at a very good time as this is their 20th anniversary and we recorded an album and are touring to support it:

https://www.joebroughton.com/the-folk-ensemble" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One of the other 5(!) guitar players warned me that my Jazzmaster might be a bit too expensive to go this tour as it might get knocked around a bit on the bus and stage as there are 50+ members so I got this G&L Tribute Will Ray a few months ago and I absolutely adore it.

Yeah, sorry, I took the B-Bender off as it stuck out too much and would have damaged my bag. If you want to have a taste of how awesome this band is, here's a video of them before I joined them a few years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9gHreUcaz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best…"

PaulDesmondTutu
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: NG&LD

Post by PaulDesmondTutu » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:34 am

No love for G&Ls? :'(
"Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best…"

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:26 am

Pretty cool. So those saddles lock together on that model?
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

PaulDesmondTutu
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by PaulDesmondTutu » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:44 am

Yeah, they should but unfortunately that screw broke and doesn't want to come out...

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:49 am

You can get a replacement screw from G&L for not a ton of money, just a heads up.

Can you push the screw forward? Maybe just drive it all the way through?
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

PaulDesmondTutu
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by PaulDesmondTutu » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:43 am

Thanks for the tip! It broke in half, a guitar tech tried to get it out but it still wiggles around but does not move outside, it's really weird.

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:30 am

Well, shit...

https://g-l-online-store.myshopify.com/ ... tar-bridge" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PaulDesmondTutu
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by PaulDesmondTutu » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:51 am

Ooh! They do sell a set of 3 Z-coils for $99, that is tempting even though even though I have nothing to put it in. I freaking love these pickups.

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:14 am

Yeah, their costs are somewhat reasonable from their store. If you could get that screw out, a replacement would be pretty much nothing.

The pickups covers though are ridiculous, something like $40 for a set of three covers for my Legacy. I took a chance with Fender Strat sized covers and they worked, though, I had heard they would not.

And the pickguards is also pretty steep, I had to have one custom made for my Legacy, again, $40. It is what it is.

I've always loved that Legacy and plan to put on an Ilitch noise reducing backplate, the Legacy is quite the keeper and once I can afford that it'll me made to be a little better.

I have no experience with the Z-coils, though. I'd love a Comanche.