Gone but not forgotten... Gear you miss.

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Gone but not forgotten... Gear you miss.

Post by s_mcsleazy » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:49 am

my first offset trio

CIJ jaguar (CAR)
vista jagmaster (silver sparkle with wrhb's and wilkinson bridge)
vista super-sonic (blue sparkle)
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'

MechaBulletBill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MechaBulletBill » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:11 am

s_mcsleazy wrote: vista jagmaster (silver sparkle with wrhb's and wilkinson bridge)
that sounds like righteous beast

Mad-Mike
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Mad-Mike » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:50 am

TBH, there's not a lot of gear I let go of that I really regret. I don't let go of gear very often. I have a few things I do miss though.....

My Behringer V-Amp Pro that I used in my Youtube days is one of them. In 2011, that thing fried itself after 12 years of faithful hard daily use and at least 4-5 years of that time being on 24/7.

Then there's the Digitech GNX1 that I got in 2008 that fried itself within the year. That thing was nuts - you could "morph" one amp and effects setup into a completley different one by assigning a bunch of parameters to the expression pedal. IT did have some limitations that the V-amp did not have that I consider essential to my sound, and it was a bit more of a bitch to get a great sound out of, but I managed to anyway.

The 1966 Fender Mustang I played a bunch in Smokin' 66' which I sold at a loss to pay some medical debts. Some asshole parted it out, now the body is on Ebay for $650, and it's been there for years mismarked as a 65' body. I was just looking through old photos of this one the other day and looking at the gut shots, sure enough, that IS indeed the 4X repainted Turquoise metallic body that was the "Smokin' 66' Mustang".

The one piece of gear I probably miss the most that I sold though was the EHX Stereo PolyChorus - again, Medical Debt, that and the Starcaster Distortion pedal.

I do STILL technically have some gear I miss that's at my mom's in Opelika still

- My old Trashmaster Jazzmaster copy made out of TEisco and Harmony parts that I played back in the Lithium days. If I ever swing back that way again, I'll probably ship it back and do a full resto on it...maybe add a vibrato to it as well.

- My Casio DG-10, I have the DG-1 now, but the DG-10 could transpose up and down, did not need a capo. Also did not need a screwdriver to tune it.

- The Yamaha G245SII Classical my dad bought before I was born. That's the only way I even know the guy, only connection to my dad. It's hiding in the closet.

- Some old pedals I have, mainley a Super American Metal and a DOD Compressor/Sustainer from my high school/Lithium days.

Maybe someday I'll ship em' all back to Seattle and put them back in action.

Soiouz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Soiouz » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:17 pm

I do miss some of the stuff I owned and let go over the years, but only once did I miss a guitar enough to bug the guy I had sold it to untill I could buy it back.

I just bought back, after ten years, my very first Jaguar that I had originaly bought way back in 1994. It's a MIJ with upgraded almost everything. I actually just did get it back two weeks ago. I need to install a repro decal on the headstock, as I have refinished it last week.

Sorry for the sideways pic:

lususnaturae
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by lususnaturae » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:40 pm

Ugh, too many...

BlixaFan
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by BlixaFan » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:11 pm

my waldorf XT synth, which i bought when i was...16?? and at the time it cost $650, and had 30 voices, not the usual 10. killer deal. i never really loved the sound, waldorfs have a cold digital sound. but i feel like if i still had it, i would've dived in. that said, i sold it, and ended up getting a Nord Modular (with expansion) for $600, and a Virus C synth, both which i still use regularly, and are a big part of my writing process.

still though, when i occasionally look at current XT prices on ebay/reverb, i die :D

Heartland
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Heartland » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:17 am

Soiouz wrote:I do miss some of the stuff I owned and let go over the years, but only once did I miss a guitar enough to bug the guy I had sold it to untill I could buy it back.

I just bought back, after ten years, my very first Jaguar that I had originaly bought way back in 1994. It's a MIJ with upgraded almost everything. I actually just did get it back two weeks ago. I need to install a repro decal on the headstock, as I have refinished it last week.

Sorry for the sideways pic:
Cool guitar! That's awesome that you got it back!

StevenO
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by StevenO » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:29 am

Soiouz wrote:I do miss some of the stuff I owned and let go over the years, but only once did I miss a guitar enough to bug the guy I had sold it to untill I could buy it back.

Man, you're really going all the way with getting back into gear. Love it. :)

Heartland
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Heartland » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:44 am

Here's another one I miss. 1983 Gibson Challenger. I owned this guitar for longer than any other, not sure why I sold it. I had a lot of more expensive guitars at the time and wasn't playing this one anymore, but I do miss it now. It had years of honest play wear, and I had it refretted with super jumbo wire by a great luthier. The neck was perfect. The original pickup sounded fine, but it had many different ones over the years. When I sold it, it had a P90 in the neck and a Lollar High Wind in the bridge. Sounded killer, played like a dream. I drilled the body and moved the jack to the side. Horrid I know, but it was a needed improvement and I just knew at the time I'd never sell it.

Weird, but even with all the mods I still came out ahead when I sold it.

NelsonInstruments
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by NelsonInstruments » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:56 pm

I suppose I might kinda miss everything I've sold but two that stick out are:

1) 1950 Epiphone broadway archtop serial number 61016.
The previous owner became a friend of mine and later on he comitted suicide. He was a great guy and I wish I had his old guitar back. Maybe someday I'll be able to locate it and get it back.

2) 1954 epiphone zephyr deluxe regent. Just a fun guitar.

kapepper
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by kapepper » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:30 am

so many that left

such as

1966 fender coronado
1969 fender coronado XII
1950ties epiphone zephyr
1965 epiphone rivoli
1966 fender Newporter
1940ties Harmony H62
1950ties L48
1954 Gibson Es 175

but no regrets about all these, the only one i do regret selling is my fender XII, so i am in the process of huntiong one down for a reasonable price

but no worries, still in my presence are:

1966 fender Jazzmaster
1967 Gibson Es 330 Burgunday
1946 Gibson LG 2
1972 Fender compstang
1977 Fender strat
1965 Epiphone Riviera
1978 Fender telecaster custom
1975 Fender telecaster thinline
1966 Fender Shenandoah
1999 martin 000-28

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:46 am

This thread?

Me: :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

budda12ax7
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by budda12ax7 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:58 pm

1986 jcm 800. Traded for a Messa boogie Mark 3 .

It had THAT sound. I miss it.

BoringPostcards
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by BoringPostcards » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:09 am

I miss my Fender J Mascis Jazzmaster. I moved it on because I decided after 5 years that it was too heavy. I miss the feel of the neck and frets. Best Jazzmaster neck I've ever played. It sounded amazing too.

I also miss my Fender Champion 600 more than any other amp I've moved. It sounded really good for what it was and it was small and convenient. I could put it in a backpack and bike to a friend's for a casual jam. I could take it, along with my guitar to parties where I knew there'd be acoustic jams. 5 watts tube. UGH. I traded it for a pedal I ended up finding useless.
Do they even still make them? I should really get another one.
Det er mig der holder traeerne sammen.

mediocreplayer
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by mediocreplayer » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:12 pm

BoringPostcards wrote:

I also miss my Fender Champion 600 more than any other amp I've moved. It sounded really good for what it was and it was small and convenient. I could put it in a backpack and bike to a friend's for a casual jam. I could take it, along with my guitar to parties where I knew there'd be acoustic jams. 5 watts tube. UGH. I traded it for a pedal I ended up finding useless.
Do they even still make them? I should really get another one.
I am glad I kept mine. I thought about getting rid of it a few times but it was not worth it since I remember I bought it new for like $100.

I sold my Nelson. I loved everything about this guitar except what I now realize is the most important part: the neck. I hate hate hate thick necks and this was just not fun to play. I lost a ton of money on it too but whatever.