Phantom Guitarworks NGD , problem? (with photo!)

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
JTurbide
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Phantom Guitarworks NGD , problem? (with photo!)

Post by JTurbide » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:20 am

mekhem wrote:I know that on the interwebz there is a whole sh!sh0w about buying a new guitar ans having to have a full pro level set up - the frets done and the drying out the neck finish et. al. but I am of the belief that a brand new guitar delivered right from the factory should have at the very least a decent base level setup. This is/should be part of the basic QA and pre-delivery.

Parts should be stable. Nut should be close. Neck should be adjusted as best as it can be and it should be intonated/intonateable within a margin that allows for temperature humidity variances.

So - a strike or two for PGW* for sending this out only half done, but congrats on getting it sorted. Once it gets broken in a bit have the nut looked at and then you should be good.

* this does slow down my gas for a Brian Jones hardtail teardrop though....
I totally agree with you.. cost me $1500 CAD, as a not rich student this is a shitload of money... but you can get them used for a good price and some might be in excellent playing condition... I spotted a brownish hollowbody limited edition teardrop on reverb once ... :?

mgeek wrote:
JTurbide wrote:I've never played a real vintage vox but people seems to agree that they were kinda shitty guitar to play so..

Mine isn't

99% of the examples that turn up are the Italian ones, which I have no experience of though.
Of course not all of them... :) most of my favourites bands plays with them so they must not all be skunk. (BJM, BMK, spacemen3, joy division etc..)

StevenO
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by StevenO » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:59 am

Just curious, who was the luthier you took the guitar to? If you don't feel like naming him publicly, pm me.

JTurbide
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JTurbide » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:07 am

StevenO wrote:Just curious, who was the luthier you took the guitar to? If you don't feel like naming him publicly, pm me.
Pm sent