What would your signature model guitar be like?

For guitars of the straight waisted variety (or reverse offset).
Fiddy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: What would your signature model guitar be like?

Post by Fiddy » Sat May 09, 2009 11:06 am

Mine would be a sparkly blue 65 RI mustang with matching headstock, parchment white guard.

Kluson single lines, CTS pots, Mojotone cap, Van Zandt Vintage pickups @ 6.2K and a mastery bridge.  8)

Michiel
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Michiel » Sat May 09, 2009 11:29 am

This, but totally beat up, and comes with a free white coiled cable and 2 bottles of Grolsch beer for the 'strap locks'

jop
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jop » Sat May 09, 2009 11:41 am

Michiel wrote: This, but totally beat up, and comes with a free white coiled cable and 2 bottles of Grolsch beer for the 'strap locks'
Sexy!  :-*

Michiel
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Michiel » Sat May 09, 2009 11:43 am

She is isn't she :)
I love those Fender style knobs and the black pickguard :-*

jop
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jop » Sat May 09, 2009 11:48 am

I totally agree. I also really dig the tailpiece. Guitars should have something behind the bridge (except Teles), IMO.

Orang Goreng
Mods
Mods

Post by Orang Goreng » Sat May 09, 2009 8:07 pm

No matter how infatuated I am with the occasional new guitar (at present I'm exclusively playing the Pink Monster), every time I eventually come back to the same guitar I've been playing for 95% of the time in the last 14 years, my black '64 JM. So logically, it would be a recreation of that one. It could also double as, say, the Yannis signature model or the Jonas signature model... all they'd have to do is change the knobs and the decal to suit the specific version.

But of course, if it's a recreation, that means they'd use tack tort. And I can't let that happen, can't have my signature model looking like ass. So maybe a recreation of this one is more appropriate. I've had this one even longer, so that makes sense as well.And it has enough unique features to be recognisably different from the standard model. Jumbo frets, holes in the body... It doesn't look like this anymore, of course, but still. I've noticed that several people on this site are surprised when they learn I have a black one as well, but this one they remember. And hell, it IS pretty hot ;)...

Of course, I'd still like something like this as well, but I haven't actually played anything like this, so there's no sense in it becoming my signature model. Maybe I won't even like it.
It would also need to be darker, like my Wine Red SG. Black headstock. I've also decided against the blocks and the bigsby. JM trem, B&D fretboard. Much better. I don't know what kind of wood it should be. I'm thinking mahogany with a maple & rosewood neck, but I have no idea how that would sound. In the end all I really want is a stock jazzmaster anyway, I guess....

I wonder how delusional Fender will have to become to give me a signature model anyway ;).
Last edited by Orang Goreng on Sat May 09, 2009 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man's a freak.

sonicmansuperb
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by sonicmansuperb » Sun May 10, 2009 7:36 am

A Jag-Stang with Jaguar switching or a Thurstonized Jagstang Cleaned up and only two pickups.
Or A Gibson SG with a Maestro and mustang pickups and control plate attached to the guitar.

nsnyder6
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by nsnyder6 » Sun May 10, 2009 8:04 am

Shell pink Jag and mint guard with BB dark rosewood neck.
Watashi wa ichigo desu. (I am a strawberry.)

Mute
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Mute » Sun May 10, 2009 9:01 am

To give Fender a reason to do a "Mute signature" in the first place, I'd have them do my '78 Bronco - since they probably aren't going to reissue those for the next 20 years anyway.
At the end of the day, my sig would probably be a bone stock OTM JM though. Boring.  :-\

pcypert
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by pcypert » Sun May 10, 2009 9:13 am

Paul Cypert Siggys:

Acoustic : Mahog Larrivee with no appointments at all...similar to the D03E now but with better pups and electric system. Matte finish and smoothed on the back of the neck. Clear pickguard (not the crappy new tortoise they have now).

Mandolin : Collings MF5V style (could never afford on my own but would love a sponsorship :) ). Varnish amber finish. No fretmarkers. Ebony finger board. Inlaid Handel Tuners. Simple headstock inlay of flowerpot that's super simple and sort of mocks the Gibson one.

Electric : Maybe to be different a Wine Red Rick 620/6 but with the gold appointments of a 660. Or maybe a mahog Tele Deluxe with strat headstock in wine red with black pickguard and a p90 :D . Or a deep green SG with tremolo but you have to have really figured wood on it...or that old natural one they did with a redwood stripe through the middle...can't remember the wood, but that was a sweet SG...

Paul

El Pr0n
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by El Pr0n » Sun May 10, 2009 9:49 am

I wouldn't like to be tied down to one guitar forever...

Maybe it'd be a Jazzmaster body, in sonic blue, with a bridge humbucker, neck tele pickup, no vibrato (but with the vibrato unit extention so you could play behind the bridge). Some on-board effects like on a Vox Ultrasonic (fuzz and repeat percussion) and a push-button kill switch. Blocks/binding neck, plain headstock.

And there's an idea I've been playing around with in my head for a while now, that I might try and realise on my old Squier strat (which'll be a severe project workhorse this summer), but I'd love to get a guitar company to realise with their expertise on my signature guitar. It's a line-in mini jack, so you can plug an iPod into your guitar, and run it out through the cable into your pedals. What I do now is lodge some iPod headphones in between the D and G strings above the pickups and play the iPod (the pickups pick up the flux changes from the magnets in the speakers). My idea was that you record a lot of short fragments of speech (possibly arrange them into sentences), according to the context of the song you're using the trick for. You shove them all on a little iPod shuffle which is clipped to your strap, and during your "guitar solo", you hit play on the iPod and you get a completely random arrangements of your pre-recorded material. And I'd like a blend-knob, so you could drift between the samples and the guitar. The line in would be completely seperate to the normal guitar stuff (the fuzz and repeat percussion wouldn't affect the iPod signal).

That'd be cool  8)
There is no problem so bad that you can't make it worse.

TheodorJ

Post by TheodorJ » Sun May 10, 2009 11:38 am

My signature model would be a natural finish Gibson ES-335 with block inlays, P-90 pickups (with chrome covers like on my 330), a slim 60s style neck, Bigsby vibrato and a parallel/series wiring mini switch. That would an awesome guitar.

Sorry guys, no offset...

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Sun May 10, 2009 1:30 pm

I suppose it would have to be a replica of my '86 MIJ Thinline Telecaster with Lollar pickups:

“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

andy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by andy » Sun May 10, 2009 3:24 pm

Gibson Es-330

- Cherry
- Opening on back (like on most solidbodies)
- Novak P-90 in neck
- Tv Classic in Bridge
- Black witch hats
- Schaller Straplocks

A gibson, but not with shitty modern gibson QC

Actually,
It would probably be a White Falcon w/ Filtertrons and the "hill" shaped inlays, vedry very white nitro
Send me western swing vids

Rich
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Rich » Sun May 10, 2009 7:17 pm

25.5" scale
Fender Maverick/Custom body
D+B Neck with big headstock
Sherwood Green with red tort pickguard
White Witch Hats!!!!!!!!!!
no control plate(pickguard extended to cover that area)
two slanted AV Jag pickups
switching just like a Mustang but relocated to the lower horn
1 vol, 1 tone
Bronco trem