CP Jag to Marauder conversion kit?

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
Deed_Poll
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

CP Jag to Marauder conversion kit?

Post by Deed_Poll » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:30 pm

Would anyone be interested? I'd be up for designing one but it would require at least a new trem plate and pickguard... You could probably get away with keeping the jag rhythm circuit plate and hex plate.

It would never look quite like a Marauder obviously but my main problem with the CP Jags is the appearance of the close trem placement. I was going to design a plate and pickguard combo to give it that cool marauder / BilT look. I'll design it if someone wants to mod their CP Jag and pay Kevin James to make the plates!! I will need the exact measurements from bridge to trem cavity and some new holes will have to be drilled under the plate. I'll post a mockup when I have something concrete. For now, if you have no idea what I'm talking about, here are some pictures:

Let me know if you're up for it!

Dan
Owner Operator of GuitarForm - Custom Offset Guitar Bodies
www.guitarform.com ◈ @guitar_form

rrtxoso
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: CP Jag to Marauder conversion kit?

Post by rrtxoso » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:18 pm

That would be super cool. Did marauders have a 24" scale?
“Texas is a state of mind. Texas is an obsession. Above all, Texas is a nation in every sense of the word."

stratdragon92
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by stratdragon92 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:33 pm

A MP Marauder trem to that trem conversion would be cool too

WonderCouncil
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by WonderCouncil » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:45 pm

This would be a an awesome project. I'd probably take some of the plates for other projects myself. I wonder if the upper control plate would fit a Mustang.

I have a question about the tremolo on the Marauder though. I never thought about this and maybe it's been covered already but what's the spring set up like on the underside of the plate? I always assumed it was like a normal Mustang but I'm questioning that. The space between the bridge and string tube is greater right? Or is that just an illusion?

Regardless of that, do the springs still attach to the two little tabs, presumably under the bridge? If so, what's up with the screw placement between the bridge and tube? The middle one looks normal and would be going into wood but the other two, closest to the bridge, wouldn't they be int he way of the springs? Or perhaps the springs attach to those two screws in some way.

Or, I'm just not seeing it right. :D

punkacc9
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by punkacc9 » Sun May 04, 2014 12:24 pm

It would be easier to do with a modern player marauder. I'm doing it right now but with a more modern take on it instead of custom plates.

ImageUntitled by punkacc9, on Flickr
ImageUntitled by punkacc9, on Flickr

Mechanical Birds
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Mechanical Birds » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:12 pm

Did anything ever happen with this bump

timtam
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by timtam » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:37 pm

Looking kind of like the new jag strat ....
https://shop.fender.com/en-AU/electric- ... 70709.html

"I just knew I wanted to make a sound that was the complete opposite of a Les Paul, and that’s pretty much a Jaguar." Rowland S. Howard.

stafflod
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by stafflod » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:53 am

Deed_Poll wrote:
Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:30 pm
Would anyone be interested? I'd be up for designing one but it would require at least a new trem plate and pickguard... You could probably get away with keeping the jag rhythm circuit plate and hex plate.

It would never look quite like a Marauder obviously but my main problem with the CP Jags is the appearance of the close trem placement. I was going to design a plate and pickguard combo to give it that cool marauder / BilT look. I'll design it if someone wants to mod their CP Jag and pay Kevin James to make the plates!! I will need the exact measurements from bridge to trem cavity and some new holes will have to be drilled under the plate. I'll post a mockup when I have something concrete. For now, if you have no idea what I'm talking about, here are some pictures:

Let me know if you're up for it!

Dan
I’m also wondering if a CP Jag body would make a good start for a Marauderesque project.