Charcoal Frost - Help me describe it

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
fullerplast
Mods
Mods

Re: Charcoal Frost - Help me describe it

Post by fullerplast » Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:26 am

+1 on the matching headstock!

You could veneer the back of the headstock and do a match on the front.

Nice....    :)
Q. Are we not men?

mjet
Expat
Expat

Post by mjet » Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:40 am

fullerplast wrote:
You could veneer the back of the headstock and do a match on the front.
I think that's what I'll do - that last photo might have tipped the scales so much that there's no going back. There are lots of photos out there of matching headstock Jags but not so many with block inlays so it's hard to visualize.

When I ordered the pickguard (parchment, from Warmoth as well) I wasn't sure about which pickups I wanted to put in it. I already have a '68 Jag so I was thinking I'd do something different with this Warmoth body.

One idea was to put some covered humbuckers that I have sitting around. They were used on the old Fender Bullet guitars (see photo below). They're smaller than regular humbuckers but a tiny bit larger than, say, a Gibson mini-humbucker. I'll have to put them on the pickguard and see how they look.

"You eventually learn that true priorities are like arms; if you think you have more than a couple, you're either lying or crazy."

thevial
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by thevial » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:30 pm

damn. thats the very color i wanted for my guitar. matching headstock and all. my heart is broken. i can't do it for another few months. i am very envious about now. that color looks so good.
Last edited by thevial on Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.