Nitro guard modification.....

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Nitro guard modification.....

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:14 am

As some of you will be aware I've got my hands on another Nitro guard. Its gonna replace the original one I bought as its in better nick & has the matching shielding with rectangular slots around the rollers.

It may need adjusting due to shrinkage. This was the deal with the first one I bought.

The guy who refinned my JM had to sand the bridge-post holes so that all the screws would line up. Once the bridge is on you can't see this.

If I have to do this again whats the best way to go about it? He had a fancy electric sander that did the job quickly but I don't. I'm worried I'll a) fuck up the guard & b) make it spontaneously combust.
You think you can't, you wish you could, I know you can, I wish you would. Slip inside this house as you pass by.

mynameisjonas
Admin
Admin

Re: Nitro guard modification.....

Post by mynameisjonas » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:22 am

i've used a regular round file to adjust my bridge post holes and pickup routs. it's not hard at all. celluloid is very easy to work with compared to a plastic guard. just be careful and take you time, and make sure you check the fit often, you don't want to overdo it.

PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Nitro guard modification.....

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:34 am

Cool. I have a round file in my toolbox.
You think you can't, you wish you could, I know you can, I wish you would. Slip inside this house as you pass by.