Re: Offset Parts and Suppliers

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
noirengineer
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by noirengineer » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:24 pm

i'm sorry, but this REALLY kinda pisses me off

dragonjazz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by dragonjazz » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:50 pm

noirengineer wrote: i'm sorry, but this REALLY kinda pisses me off
Yeah..

crazypaws
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by crazypaws » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:33 am

HEY, ANGELA HAS REDONE THEIR SITE, ITS ALOT EASIER TO GET WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR, PLUS THEY ADDED SOME NEW STUFF, GREAT SITE TO GET EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR YOUR PROJECT, AND BY EVERYTHING, I MEAN EVERYTHING. OTHER THAN BODIES AND NECKS. FOR THAT YOU MUST GO TO GUITARMILL.COM
when an ambulance passes, it's just a gaint synthesizer - when the ambulance isn't synthesizing, the persons dead

dragonjazz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by dragonjazz » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:17 am

crazypaws wrote: HEY, ANGELA HAS REDONE THEIR SITE, ITS ALOT EASIER TO GET WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR, PLUS THEY ADDED SOME NEW STUFF, GREAT SITE TO GET EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR YOUR PROJECT, AND BY EVERYTHING, I MEAN EVERYTHING. OTHER THAN BODIES AND NECKS.

Yeah but Steve is a moody guy...he gets impatient and then cuts off any further communication with you. Not a good personality trait in these hard economic times specially dealing with a fringe market like this. Some guy needed some parts that only Steve seemed to have and he wouldn't answer the guy for the order. The buyer had to have someone else order it for him from Angela. :-\
Last edited by dragonjazz on Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

the older brother
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by the older brother » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:39 am

crazypaws wrote: HEY, ANGELA HAS REDONE THEIR SITE, ITS ALOT EASIER TO GET WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR, PLUS THEY ADDED SOME NEW STUFF, GREAT SITE TO GET EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR YOUR PROJECT, AND BY EVERYTHING, I MEAN EVERYTHING. OTHER THAN BODIES AND NECKS. FOR THAT YOU MUST GO TO GUITARMILL.COM
ahem...
Zero_ wrote: Angela recently changed/upgraded their website ... the webshop is now much better.

Maybe the comment "reasonable prices, but not too many pics. somewhat hard to find what your looking for" (in the first post)
can be amended now.. cause it's really something else now.. I was pleasantly surprised this morning when I saw it.

and:

PLEASE STOP WRITING IN CAPS - WE DON'T SHOUT ON THIS BOARD.

;)
Someone knows where I can find the nearest woodchipper to throw my pieces of junk into?

saxjag
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by saxjag » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:40 pm

For the record, I have found Angela.com's service to be courteous and prompt.  And their site is a trove of info.  They carry cool stuff, some of it rare & well-nigh unobtainable anyplace else.  Merchandise has been exactly as described.  To me, Steve seems like a stand-up guy, and it's been pleasant doing business with him.

mcconnachiea
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by mcconnachiea » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:52 am

I have had EXCELLENT experiences with www.guitarfetish.com

They sell strat, tele and les paul copies and loads of hardware, bridges, strat and tele pickguards and AMAZING pickups :)
They also got some pedals but I don't know about them.

dragonjazz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by dragonjazz » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:56 am

Patience is key...

artie
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by artie » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:13 am

anyone find the people over at angela a bit rude?
i haven't bought anything from them but i sent them two emails with some questions and their replies have never been very friendly.
Last edited by artie on Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

rickenmetal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by rickenmetal » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:34 am

artie wrote: anyone find the people over at angela a bit rude?
Yes, but it was a long time ago, I actually used the phone.

dragonjazz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by dragonjazz » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:09 pm

artie wrote: anyone find the people over at angela a bit rude?
i haven't bought anything from them but i sent them two emails with some questions and their replies have never been very friendly.

I have a friend who tried communicating with them after receiving answers from Angela at first, but through email and then after that he got no response to the emails when asking about parts...

Echo Ranch
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Echo Ranch » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:28 pm

Thanks for the links guys.

i have tried re ranch on a tele neck a long time ago. as a novice i found their product easy to use, worked well and was happy.

the best advice. be patient and set up to be able to paint over a few days. letting dry and cure. that way you can see really what it's gonna look like easier and the finish will hold up.

i used the neck amber and i went a little to many coats and got the dreaded sunburn. ha ha. still was way better than the previous bleached wood look of the cheap guitar.

and it was fun too.
reverb

Uncle Battuh
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Uncle Battuh » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:01 am

FECK!! ARSE!! DRINK!!! GIRLS!!!

Well, I was thinking about creating a new topic about this, but then I've decided to post my grumpy mumbling here...

I decided to buy some stuff from Angela's site...

"From: Grumpy Uncle
To: steve@angela.com

Hi

I live in Curitiba, Brazil, and I'd like to know if Angela Instruments accepts orders from outside US, and how much is your shipping tax for foreign countries. Is there a mininum order value?

Thanks in advance.

Mauricio"

And then...

"De: steve@angela.com
Para: Grumpy Uncle

Mauricio,

I'm sorry but we've had too many problems shipping to South America so we're reluctant at this time to accept orders from that region.

Steve Melkisethian/Angela Instruments/www.angela.com "

But what makes me sad is that:

"From: Grumpy Uncle
To: steve@angela.com

Steve,

Do you have any idea when you intend to accept orders from Brazil again?

Thanks again

Mauricio Valle

No answer from them so far... :( :(

See, I ain't complaining about Angela's , but I just wanted to share my frustation and hear your comments...

andrewdoeshair
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by andrewdoeshair » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:58 pm

I found this pickguard material for scary SCARY SCARY cheap. So cheap I'm almost worried that I just gave them all my info when I placed an order; too good to be true...

I'm talking about a lot of pickguard material. Their site says "These full size sheets of pickguard material will make numerous pickguards. One sheet can make 12 Strat pickguards, 18 Tele pickguards or about 50 or more Les Paul pickguards. .090 24 X 54."

The cost?

$15.30!

Let's see what they deliver. I ordered black. If it's all good, I'm gonna buy tons more and just have it around forever. I like the idea of having raw materials ready for when I get a sudden itch to build something...

Oh yeah, the link. Duh. Check this out: http://www.instrumentalsavings.com/Prod ... de=8233.HD
If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan

andrewdoeshair
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by andrewdoeshair » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:57 pm

andrewdoeshair wrote:I found this pickguard material for scary SCARY SCARY cheap. So cheap I'm almost worried that I just gave them all my info when I placed an order; too good to be true...

I'm talking about a lot of pickguard material. Their site says "These full size sheets of pickguard material will make numerous pickguards. One sheet can make 12 Strat pickguards, 18 Tele pickguards or about 50 or more Les Paul pickguards. .090 24 X 54."

The cost?

$15.30!

Let's see what they deliver. I ordered black. If it's all good, I'm gonna buy tons more and just have it around forever. I like the idea of having raw materials ready for when I get a sudden itch to build something...

Oh yeah, the link. Duh. Check this out: http://www.instrumentalsavings.com/Prod ... de=8233.HD
They sent me a pickguard for an acoustic guitar... Fail.
If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan