Glarry/Ktaxon Mustang = Bullet Mustang?

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
gerardguey
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Glarry/Ktaxon Mustang = Bullet Mustang?

Post by gerardguey » Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:26 pm

Has anyone tried out or know anything about the Ktaxon/Glarry mustang copies all over ebay and amazon? Specifically this HH model.

I am wondering if these are repurposed Squier bullet mustangs, just with a misshapen pickguard that can be replaced with an an accurate PG and plate. To my eyes, they have an accurate mustang shape, and a larger/rounder edge radius and contours unlike the new sonic mustangs that are 65 style with smaller edges (not a fan of those changes). If they are, then IMO they're worth the $70 for the body alone for a cheap mod project.

Ceylon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Glarry/Ktaxon Mustang = Bullet Mustang?

Post by Ceylon » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:17 pm

I'd say it could be possibly they're buying the same bodies that go onto the Squier HH Mustang from the manufacturer, but considering the absolute mass production that has to occur to make them so affordable, I'd say it's about zero percent possible they're buying the same bodies from the same manufacturer at the same cheap price point while also having alterations done to them.
Science Friction burns my fingers
Electricity still lingers

gerardguey
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Glarry/Ktaxon Mustang = Bullet Mustang?

Post by gerardguey » Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:16 pm

Ceylon wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:17 pm
I'd say it could be possibly they're buying the same bodies that go onto the Squier HH Mustang from the manufacturer, but considering the absolute mass production that has to occur to make them so affordable, I'd say it's about zero percent possible they're buying the same bodies from the same manufacturer at the same cheap price point while also having alterations done to them.
True. It also said they're basswood like the bullet but I wouldn't be surprised if it was even cheaper/less quality wood.

Im wondering if it they're using the same CNC file for the body? China isn't known for being strict with intellectual property lol. I might just bite the bullet when I get my tax return and see for myself, if it's nothing worth modding I'll give it to one of my nieces and nephews to learn on. I just want to see if I can turn it into a traditional looking Mustang using the extra parts i have lying around.