Tuffset Bridge

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
Deed_Poll
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Tuffset Bridge

Post by Deed_Poll » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:42 am

Just got this lovely testimonial via email (with pics!) and thought I'd share it here!

“I bought my Jazzmaster second-hand and the previous owner had supposedly had it set up by a tech…. When I got it, the only way I could stop the rattling in the bridge was to add 1.25 degrees of shim, which always felt like too much. The Tuffset arrived this morning, and wow!

It's like night and day to the stock bridge, and the quality is absolutely superb!!! This is going to be a game changer. It seems to have solved a good few tremolo creaks that I was experiencing with the stock unit too - so win-win!

Now it's performing exactly how I expected it should. I've taken out the shims completely and it's working amazingly well.

Couldn't put the guitar down last night, so I’m a very happy chappy!”

-Paul Roberts

Creator of the Tuffset Bridge - Locked & Ready to Rock!
www.tuffsetbridge.com ◈ @tuffsetbridge

Owner Operator of GuitarForm - Custom Offset Guitar Bodies
www.guitarform.com ◈ @guitar_form

IceBlueBoogaloo
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by IceBlueBoogaloo » Wed May 01, 2024 5:52 am

I just missed the pre-order on this but I’m looking forward to snagging one of these. I can’t get over how naturally it fits in with the offset aesthetic. I thought it might look better with beveled edges but it doesn’t really need it. Put on some aluminum pickup covers and knobs and a brushed finish tailpiece and it’d look wild.

Deed_Poll
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Deed_Poll » Fri May 03, 2024 5:59 am

IceBlueBoogaloo wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 5:52 am
I just missed the pre-order on this but I’m looking forward to snagging one of these. I can’t get over how naturally it fits in with the offset aesthetic. I thought it might look better with beveled edges but it doesn’t really need it. Put on some aluminum pickup covers and knobs and a brushed finish tailpiece and it’d look wild.
Awesome! I'd love to hear your thoughts on it. We're likely to do another (final!) coupon code when we reopen for Wave 2 orders soon - so make sure you're on the mailing list! Cheers

BarsleyBoy
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by BarsleyBoy » Mon May 06, 2024 6:21 am

Deed_Poll wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:42 am
Just got this lovely testimonial via email (with pics!) and thought I'd share it here!

“I bought my Jazzmaster second-hand and the previous owner had supposedly had it set up by a tech…. When I got it, the only way I could stop the rattling in the bridge was to add 1.25 degrees of shim, which always felt like too much. The Tuffset arrived this morning, and wow!

It's like night and day to the stock bridge, and the quality is absolutely superb!!! This is going to be a game changer. It seems to have solved a good few tremolo creaks that I was experiencing with the stock unit too - so win-win!

Now it's performing exactly how I expected it should. I've taken out the shims completely and it's working amazingly well.

Couldn't put the guitar down last night, so I’m a very happy chappy!”

-Paul Roberts

Just logged on to spread the word on the new kid on the block, and found that Dan had posted my comments on here already! But as an update to this, I still haven't been able to put the guitar down. It really has made such a massive difference to the playability and stability. Bear in mind that my message to Dan was within 24 hours of reciving my Tuffset - the change was that significant! If you are on the fence on buying one, don't be. To be able to remove all of the shimming has really brought out the JM character!!

Still a very happy Chappy!

Paul.

(God I love this guitar!)

gibs
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by gibs » Mon May 06, 2024 5:13 pm

I do believe mine is in the mail! Got a notification from parcel monkey (no idea what that is, so naturally thinking it’s spam at first, but looks to be shipping from England to me). Now to see how long it takes to get here.

GilmourD
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by GilmourD » Tue May 07, 2024 5:26 am

gibs wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 5:13 pm
I do believe mine is in the mail! Got a notification from parcel monkey (no idea what that is, so naturally thinking it’s spam at first, but looks to be shipping from England to me). Now to see how long it takes to get here.
My best friend is an epoxy artist and gets some of her supplies from Glitter Chimp. Would be funny if they had used Parcel Monkey. :D

Deed_Poll
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Deed_Poll » Tue May 07, 2024 5:50 am

Great to see you here, Paul! And I'm so chuffed you're still enjoying the Tuffset so much!!

I could hardly *not* post your glowing testimonial with beautiful pictures! Such a cool build and just 100% what we want to see and hear!

Gibs, yes if you got the email then it's on its way!!
GilmourD wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 5:26 am
gibs wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 5:13 pm
My best friend is an epoxy artist and gets some of her supplies from Glitter Chimp. Would be funny if they had used Parcel Monkey. :D
Never put a Glitter Chimp in the same enclosure as a Parcel Monkey! Potential for a very messy outcome :D

GilmourD
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by GilmourD » Tue May 07, 2024 3:05 pm

Deed_Poll wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 5:50 am
GilmourD wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 5:26 am
Never put a Glitter Chimp in the same enclosure as a Parcel Monkey! Potential for a very messy outcome :D

JVG
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JVG » Wed May 08, 2024 9:16 pm

Any update on shipping for the ‘improved’ batch?

I hope the monkey can find his/her way down to Australia - I’ve got a Jag that is gagging for a Tuffset.

If it’s still weeks away that’s cool, I’m simply looking to manage my expectations!

Cheers.

GilmourD
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by GilmourD » Fri May 10, 2024 6:25 am

We have shipping!

Tracking number is saved in the USPS app on my phone with alerts.

:w00t:

dgrunbe
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by dgrunbe » Fri May 10, 2024 7:21 am

Received an email yesterday that a shipping label was created for my bridge.
Can't wait for further updates.

dgrunbe
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by dgrunbe » Sat May 11, 2024 6:16 am

Bridge now on the way. Can't wait!!

RockStarNick
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by RockStarNick » Mon May 13, 2024 4:23 am

Forgive me if this has been asked before - Does the Tuffset bridge "float" foward to backwards in the pivot cup, like a traditional trem, or can it lock in place, for no pivot?

mekhem
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by mekhem » Mon May 13, 2024 10:29 am

RockStarNick wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 4:23 am
Forgive me if this has been asked before - Does the Tuffset bridge "float" foward to backwards in the pivot cup, like a traditional trem, or can it lock in place, for no pivot?
Fully Locking and Fully Rocking according to the website. So it pivots.

RockStarNick
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by RockStarNick » Mon May 13, 2024 10:59 am

I'm so tempted to try one of these. The machining and craftsmanship look incredible.