New Halon Bridge

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
Rockabilly69
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

New Halon Bridge

Post by Rockabilly69 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:54 pm

I liked the one that I put on my parts Jag so much that I bought another Halon bridge and installed it on my Thin Skin Jaguar. This one is the aluminum base with brass saddles. I love it, nice deep saddles, no buzzing/rattles, beautiful machine-work, and the rocking posts fit through the mute-plate holes! It rings like a bell! I also bought the Halon tremolo, but haven't installed yet as I'm ordering new strings that I want to try.

mattador
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: New Halon Bridge

Post by mattador » Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:49 pm

That looks saweettt, do you mind sharing pricing/ordering process? Not much to be found on their website, I think I heard mastery+ pricing, which makes sense for what they make.

Rockabilly69
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Rockabilly69 » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:53 pm

mattador wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:49 pm
That looks saweettt, do you mind sharing pricing/ordering process? Not much to be found on their website, I think I heard mastery+ pricing, which makes sense for what they make.
I think you should contact Haris through Facebook and he will tell you all of the prices, as you can order a variety of metals, and they are all different prices. And they don't take orders through their website. Yes their prices are similar to Mastery:)

https://www.facebook.com/halonguitarparts

Lost In Autumn
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Lost In Autumn » Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:20 am

mattador wrote:
after 2 years of saying it was "coming soon," they still haven't been able to add a SSL webstore or even a shred of info about their products on their website. an 8 year old could get a webstore up and running in an hour.

augur
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by augur » Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:32 am

Did purchase both vibrato and bridge from Halon some months ago and did the contrary : installed the vibrato but not the bridge (RSD bridge still in place on a custom shop).
The vibrato is high quality. Much better than the original custom shop one actually.
Feels solid. Smooth. Stays in tune. Looks great. Everything you should expect !
Very comparable and great European alternative to Mastery and Descendant (which I also use of 2 other guitars).

Rockabilly69
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Rockabilly69 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:18 am

Lost In Autumn wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:20 am
mattador wrote:
after 2 years of saying it was "coming soon," they still haven't been able to add a SSL webstore or even a shred of info about their products on their website. an 8 year old could get a webstore up and running in an hour.
And while every body complains about this, I've ordered two complete systems from them. Each with under a week turnaround time from Greece to USA, and both systems actually rock. What's so hard about going to their Facebook page? He answered all of my questions lightning fast about all of their products that I was interested in, including sizing/compatibility, the different metals, and pricing. He forte' is building great bridges and trems, not setting up websites. Soon as you pick up one of his bridges, feel how lightweight it is, and take a close look at how nice the machining is, I guarantee you'll forget about how you couldn't go tire kicking at his webstore. I can't count the times I've gone to webstores, and couldn't find a phone number, so I had to use a web contact form to ask a question. And then it took a day or more to get answers to my questions. Haris at Halon, when contacted through his Facebook page, got back to me extremely fast, and stayed with me till all of my questions were answered. It was the way that he answered my questions that prompted me to go ahead and order from them the first time. The second time was no different.

Lost In Autumn
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Lost In Autumn » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:31 pm

Call me crazy, but 23 years since the advent of eCommerce, I’m not willing to give my credit card info, analog style, to an individual in a foreign country, via a barely secure Facebook page. I don’t doubt Harris is a decent, well meaning fellow and his product looks neat, but the sheer lack of an Ecommerce portal and a website that hasn’t been updated in at least two years, tells me that they’re not serious about running a business.

Embenny
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Embenny » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:46 pm

Lost In Autumn wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:31 pm
Call me crazy, but 23 years since the advent of eCommerce, I’m not willing to give my credit card info, analog style, to an individual in a foreign country, via a barely secure Facebook page. I don’t doubt Harris is a decent, well meaning fellow and his product looks neat, but the sheer lack of an Ecommerce portal and a website that hasn’t been updated in at least two years, tells me that they’re not serious about running a business.
This.

I've dealt with my fair share of eccentric guitar geniuses (ordering online from Bill Lawrence's wife Becky at Wilde, and Chris Kinman can be an experience at times) but at least they had online storefronts and secure PayPal payment.

It's fine. It means Halon isn't currently in the guitar hardware business. They must have other things occupying their time and priorities, and are willing to sell small volumes locally and through FB or whatever.

That's their choice, like when John stopped selling Staytrems internationally. They're allowed to have other priorities. But like you said, it means they're not serious about running this as a business, so I'm not serious about considering them for my hardware needs. I'm currently having the perennial internal Staytrem/Mastery/Fender debate for a current build, with Swope in there now for good measure. If I could see Halon's prices and order securely, I'd be considering them too, but the reality of the situation is that I have lots of very good, very reliable options that I can order conveniently and safely.

Competition is good for the market, so I do hope Halon eventually exits this weird alpha testing phase they seem to be in.
The artist formerly known as mbene085.

andy_tchp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by andy_tchp » Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:59 pm

Lost In Autumn wrote:
I wouldn't call you crazy, I'd say that's entirely sensible.

'Barely secure' is being kind to Faecebook.
"I don't know why we asked him to join the band 'cause the rest of us don't like country music all that much; we just like Graham Lee."
David McComb, 1987.

Lost In Autumn
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Lost In Autumn » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:48 am

mbene085 wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:46 pm
Lost In Autumn wrote:
This.

I've dealt with my fair share of eccentric guitar geniuses (ordering online from Bill Lawrence's wife Becky at Wilde, and Chris Kinman can be an experience at times) but at least they had online storefronts and secure PayPal payment.

It's fine. It means Halon isn't currently in the guitar hardware business. They must have other things occupying their time and priorities, and are willing to sell small volumes locally and through FB or whatever.

That's their choice, like when John stopped selling Staytrems internationally. They're allowed to have other priorities. But like you said, it means they're not serious about running this as a business, so I'm not serious about considering them for my hardware needs. I'm currently having the perennial internal Staytrem/Mastery/Fender debate for a current build, with Swope in there now for good measure. If I could see Halon's prices and order securely, I'd be considering them too, but the reality of the situation is that I have lots of very good, very reliable options that I can order conveniently and safely.

Competition is good for the market, so I do hope Halon eventually exits this weird alpha testing phase they seem to be in.
if they had an eCom portal, though? I would give serious consideration to their products. Lord knows I've bought my fair share of premium priced, boutique parts form eccentrics on the internet, including Staytrem and Curtis Novak.

Rockabilly69
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Rockabilly69 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:54 am

Lost In Autumn wrote:
I've answered this before, but it's obviously falling on deaf ears... the transactions are handled through paypal, he invoices you for what you want. You don't send him your credit card info. He just uses Facebook for communicating info about the product. Their selling this hardware as fast as they can currently make it, while having very short lead times, I call that serious! If you have a problem with his methods fine, but stop shitting on my thread.
Last edited by Rockabilly69 on Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

MayTheFuzzBeWithYou
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MayTheFuzzBeWithYou » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:55 am

I'm with you on that dizzy business method. Wouldn't do that either.... but man, this Jaguar is a beauty! :-* :? Congrats Rockabilly69!

Rockabilly69
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Rockabilly69 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:09 am

mbene085 wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:46 pm
Lost In Autumn wrote:
As I mentioned in my other reply, all the transactions are done through paypal, Facebook is for just answering questions about the product (ie materials, prices, turnaround times, compatibility, etc). What I didn't mention is that their customer service is outstanding. I had questions about the bridge and trem after the sale, and they were answered just as fast as my other questions. I've had problems with bootique people too, but Halon does not fall into that camp. And getting back to the point of my thread, there stuff is outstanding! For people like me, that don't want the fixed bridge posts, so that the bridge can work as Leo intended, they provide the rocking post option, and as I said earlier your don't have to mod the mute plate! They also offer fixed posts for people that want that!

Rockabilly69
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Rockabilly69 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:30 am

MayTheFuzzBeWithYou wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:55 am
I'm with you on that dizzy business method. Wouldn't do that either.... but man, this Jaguar is a beauty! :-* :? Congrats Rockabilly69!
Thanks, I really like this guitar, although not as much as the one I built up from a Squire poplar body. That one is insane good! And one of the reasons that guitar is so insanely good is the Halon hardware. People can pussy foot around all they want about buying this stuff because of his web presence, but I for one, have two much better Jaguars than I started out with by using the Halon stuff.

I own about 30 killer electric guitars, about half of them I've modded, and I didn't stop modding them until I got them doing what I want, and with that in mind, I've used a ton of bootique parts (tuners, bridges, trems, tailpieces, pickups, etc), and I can honestly say that I've never had a better parts purchasing experience than I have with Halon. That is why I am vehemently defending them!

Here's the Poplar beast that I call the "dirty little kitty", hanging with one of my Zemaitis metal tops that I extensively modded (G&L tone PTB tone circuit, germanium Rangemaster circuit, puretone jack, cloth wiring, switchcraft 3 way, Gotoh 21:1 tuners, DiMarzio DP103 pickups, custom stainless knobs, and aluminum switchtip).

andy_tchp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by andy_tchp » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:38 am

Who’s ‘pussy footing’ around?

People have been very upfront and clear about avoiding amateurs that can’t be bothered establishing a functional method of buying their product that doesn’t involve having to be a member of the complete cesspit that is Facebook.
"I don't know why we asked him to join the band 'cause the rest of us don't like country music all that much; we just like Graham Lee."
David McComb, 1987.