Need help for Jag mod.

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
Ohcosmonaut
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Need help for Jag mod.

Post by Ohcosmonaut » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:54 pm

Sorry if I’m retreading an old tire here. However, I haven’t seen anything related to my query.

Looking to mod my CIJ Jag. I did this for my CPJM and love it.

I want to add the bridge pick up (with the Neck) to the rhythm circuit. Essentially be able to add tonal possibilities to the the circuit. However, I do not want to take away the original bass cut switches. In the CPJM, the pickup selector makes the combining of this simple. I’m not sure it’s as simple with the 3 switches the Jag has on the treble horn.

Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Need help for Jag mod.

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:33 pm

It should be very simple. The stock wiring for both Jags and JMs runs the neck pickup to the rhythm circuit switch first, and lead circuit side of the rhythm switch (side of the switch closest to the lower horn/high strings) goes to the pickup selector before returning to the rhythm switch. All you have to do is have both pickups go to the pickup switch (or separate switches in the case of the Jag) BEFORE the rhythm switch. The output of the pickup selector switches goes to the rhythm switch. For the Jag though, you need to put the bass cut switch between the output of the rhythm switch and the output jack.

One of these days, if I get some time, I'll draw up a schematic for a Jag that has both pickups go to the rhythm circuit like I did with the JM circuit.
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384

Ohcosmonaut
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Need help for Jag mod.

Post by Ohcosmonaut » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:13 am

That’d be a great help.