My wacky take on a Jagmaster

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
thephza
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

My wacky take on a Jagmaster

Post by thephza » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:25 am

Completed my first ever guitar build from parts. It features a bloodwood Warmoth neck with a reverse headstock, a custom Jaguar body from Lomic Guitars, a 6-position Freeway switch, a Varitone switch with Soviet oil & water capacitors, GFS gold foil pickups, a shadowkill killswitch volume pot, a push-push tone pot that splits the humbucker, and a Duesenberg Multibender tremolo. Phew!!!

Since this photo, it's been strung. Planning on a recording something with it soon. More photos here:
https://www.instagram.com/thephza/

Dieca
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: My wacky take on a Jagmaster

Post by Dieca » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:16 am

Really cool looking! Love that you've decked it out with all the cool little gadgets, varitone, killswitch, 6 way toggle etc. Is the multibender useable when the guitar is set up as normal, or do you have to raise the strings using a nut converter to use it. Would be cool to hear it in a different musical context if it can worth with the guitar fretted as normal?

jvin248
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jvin248 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:04 am

Cool looking guitar and a very nice picture of it.

Details on the pickups?
Interested in any wiring diagrams you can post.

thephza
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by thephza » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:20 pm

Got the multibender arms configured for the G to bend a full step and the B a half step. It's set up to play like a regular guitar, but it's taking time to get used to how to apply pressure to the arms while picking.

I definitely need to document the wiring on this things while it's still relatively fresh in my head.

The pickups are GFS/GuitarFetish gold foils. I was mainly interested in an affordable gold foil because of aesthetics and having something different from any of my other guitars. The neck is a single coil even though it looks like a humbucker.