Suggestions for Jaguar mods

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
kalipigeon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Suggestions for Jaguar mods

Post by kalipigeon » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:56 pm

So the time has come. I have a Squier white Jaguar body, a vintage maple fretboard Mustang neck with a Duo-sonic decal. Standard Jag style pickups with separate claw grounds on this one. For the controls I have a 3-way lead circuit plate with a switch in the strangle switch position and a rhythm circuit plate with 2 rollers and 2 switches.

I was thinking 3-way for normal pickup selection and the adjacent switch for phase (using the bridge pickup leads). The rhythm plate would have a series/parallel instead of the normal rhythm circuit and use those rollers for independent volume and tone while in series. The other switch would be either a strangle or a capacitor on the neck pickup to roll off some of the bass boost in series mode.

I feel this works pretty well, but I'm open to alternative ideas. I'm mostly a Mustang and Jazzmaster player, so my knowledge of Jaguar mods is limited.

Please suggest (and if weird offer circuit diagrams) some off the beaten path ideas for this plethora of switching options. Thanks!

jthomas
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Suggestions for Jaguar mods

Post by jthomas » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:56 pm

Different pups. Like this, or with 2 chrome lipsticks.