Triple Jazzmaster build w/ Frankentrons

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
Chillysalsa
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Triple Jazzmaster build w/ Frankentrons

Post by Chillysalsa » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:18 am

Well my dream build is finally finished:
Got a Warmoth swamp ash body which came in at about 3.2 lbs, (finished in blue Rit dye and tung oil )
Frankentron filtertron pickups (which are slightly underwound compared to traditional, these are at 4.0 and 4.5kohm)
Took a big chance with the maple neck (from eBay seller jagnjazzmaster) and I am really happy with it. Came nice and straight, just needed some fret polishing.
Fender locking tuners, Fender reissue tremolo, Golden Age roller bridge. This bridge replaced the traditional fender and generic roller adjustomatic bridges which didn't get the strings low enough, and has more sustain it seems.

Pickups are wired with the Fezz Parka wiring mod allows blending of Neck+Bridge or all 3 pickups.
Only issue was the neck angle, I needd to put a 1deg shim to get things lined up and lower the string action.

More pics and sound demo (sorry about the sloppy playing, just quickly did one take on each pickup setting)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZFOKz03MNU
Also - I just realized the D string is popped off the saddle in the pictures - that was because I moved it to clean a few finger prints! :fp:
That is not an issue with the bridge, strings stay perfect while playing.

Matt_A
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Triple Jazzmaster build w/ Frankentrons

Post by Matt_A » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:28 pm

Really nice, congratulations!

Rgand
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Rgand » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:35 am

Congratulations. There's nothing better than playing your own creation. Your choices are unlimited, too.

lhwarp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by lhwarp » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:01 am

Nice work, Chillysalsa !

And yes, the FrankenTone pickups are great items...

-lhwarp