There are no stupid questions....

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
sndansby
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

There are no stupid questions....

Post by sndansby » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:13 pm

but if there was one this might be it. I just bought a 66 MIJ reissue and I want to change out the pick guard and and pickup covers. Are pickup covers interchangeable? This guitar has Seymore Duncan Antiquity IIs.

sirspens
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: There are no stupid questions....

Post by sirspens » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:05 pm

If you are talking about a Jazzmaster, no. The Allparts pickup covers, for example, are for Japanese spacing.

secondhand
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by secondhand » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:53 am

The SD website says of those pickups: "This pickup is a drop-in replacement for any Fender American Standard sized Jazzmaster pickup, and will fit nicely into the existing cover."
You can email them to confirm the measurements of the pole spacing and compare that to whatever brand of replacement cover you have your eye on.
Good as the best. Bad as the worst!

jeff m.
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jeff m. » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:54 am

OP,
Jaguar or Jazzmaster ?

All I can offer is my somewhat head-scratching experience with my 2000-ish CIJ Jag..the Duncan Antiquities I installed didn't fit under the original pickup covers, NOR the 'genuine US Fender parts' covers I ordered ( correct packaging etc. ).

Googling further, a number of others have had this issue, so no idea what's going on there ? It's not just a matter of a little judicious 'sanding', either..the spacing is way

off right across the polepieces, & the covers seem somehow too 'tall' to let the polepieces stand proud of the covers.

Thanks for posting on this subject, I've been meaning to for awhile, will be interested to hear others experiences, fixes etc.

Cheers,
Jeff.