Jaguar P90's

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
Rasalrew
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Jaguar P90's

Post by Rasalrew » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:41 am

asking for a friend! and Curious myself! :whistle:

My buddy is looking for Jaguar style P90's or direct drop-ins so he can retain the value of his Jag just in case he wants to sell with the original hardware.
has anyone had any experience with Creamery pickups? They're located in the UK, and its pretty hefty price tag to just experiment. Anyone suggest any other companies that have a similar style pickup? I'm sure novaks got something/could whip up.

continuing my own google searches/forums digging in the meantime...

Thanks!
https://foreignspeakers.bandcamp.com/

raindog13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Jaguar P90's

Post by raindog13 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:17 am

Rasalrew wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:41 am
asking for a friend! and Curious myself! :whistle:

My buddy is looking for Jaguar style P90's or direct drop-ins so he can retain the value of his Jag just in case he wants to sell with the original hardware.
has anyone had any experience with Creamery pickups? They're located in the UK, and its pretty hefty price tag to just experiment. Anyone suggest any other companies that have a similar style pickup? I'm sure novaks got something/could whip up.

continuing my own google searches/forums digging in the meantime...

Thanks!
I bought an AV '65 Jaguar that came with Creamery Jag90 pickups installed in it. They're great pickups. They have a lot more meat to them than regular Jag pickups, and are really good if you're looking for a classic rock n roll sound. That said, the jury is still out on how much they actually sound like P90's, as it's been way too long since I actually played anything equipped with them.

slopoke
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by slopoke » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:08 am

I've got a pair of Creamery Jag90s in my CP jag and I really like them. I had a set of Fender Pure Vintage Jag pickups in there before, and while they sounded very authentic, they were just too glassy for me. The Creamery pickups have more mid-range and harmonic content to my ears. The Jag still sounds like a Jag, though, just a bit fuller. The attack and decay of the notes is still distinctively Jaglike.

The other guitarist in our band has a Yamaha AES620 (Les Paul-style guitar) with Bareknuckle Mississippi Queens installed (humbucker-sized P90s). His guitar sounds deeper and darker than mine. The two guitars fit together well. They're both pretty twangy, but sound-wise we don't step on each other's toes.

Rasalrew
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Rasalrew » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:40 am

awesome! thanks for the information!
https://foreignspeakers.bandcamp.com/

Embenny
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Embenny » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:21 pm

I had a pair of JG-90's from Pete Biltoft (Vintage Vibe Guitars) and there were great for what they were (I'm just not a P90 guy).

Pete's P90's of all sorts are quite renowned. They're pretty much his flagship pickups, and the Jag ones are great. I believe he was the first winder to offer P90's in a jaguar form factor as a standard model, as well. At least, when I bought them 10 years ago, I couldn't find a single other winder advertising them.

The great thing about his design is that the magnets are user-swappable and he'll sell you extra sets for like $5, so you can experiment with ceramic vs alnico 5, alnico 3, etc.
The artist formerly known as mbene085.

MayTheFuzzBeWithYou
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MayTheFuzzBeWithYou » Thu May 19, 2022 2:40 pm

Necro-thread-revival...

Due to the fact that both the Creamery's and Mojotone's Jaguar P90 offerings are sold out like all the time - LVS pointe out to me that these exist:
has anyone of you tried the Eric Custom Jaguar P90s yet (or any of their pickups)? If so, how are they? I mean handwound for 50 bucks a piece? This is about the same as bootstrap...
https://www.eyguitarmusic.com/Eric-Cust ... _2578.html

thank you!

JSett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by JSett » Thu May 19, 2022 10:02 pm

MayTheFuzzBeWithYou wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 2:40 pm
Necro-thread-revival...

Due to the fact that both the Creamery's and Mojotone's Jaguar P90 offerings are sold out like all the time - LVS pointe out to me that these exist:
has anyone of you tried the Eric Custom Jaguar P90s yet (or any of their pickups)? If so, how are they? I mean handwound for 50 bucks a piece? This is about the same as bootstrap...

thank you!
Creamery is always backed-up with orders. He only opens the shop for a couple of weeks then gets overwhelmed and shuts it off.

I just had a pair of JM pickups arrive on Tuesday that I ordered mid-February :derp: annoyingly, his pickups are so good I deal with the wait.
Silly Rabbit, don't you know scooped mids are for kids?

sal paradise
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by sal paradise » Thu May 19, 2022 10:06 pm

johnnysomersett wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 10:02 pm
MayTheFuzzBeWithYou wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 2:40 pm
Necro-thread-revival...

thank you!
Creamery is always backed-up with orders. He only opens the shop for a couple of weeks then gets overwhelmed and shuts it off.

I just had a pair of JM pickups arrive on Tuesday that I ordered mid-February :derp: annoyingly, his pickups are so good I deal with the wait.
He opened the shop on the 15th May - I got a delivery date of end July for a ‘59 humbucker to go in my cobain mustang😎
I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion?