Bass VI control plate

Talk about modding or building your own guitar from scratch.
monstrenga
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Bass VI control plate

Post by monstrenga » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:52 am

Hey, I believe this is my first post on this forum. I am building a Bass VI for a while now (based on vintage modified by squier) and I'm having trouble to find some infos.

Does anyone know the measure of the switch plate? I have only found this size reference ( https://www.shapeways.com/product/U6XCM ... itch-plate ) but I am a little unsure about it*. I'm gonna get a custom switchplate but I wanted to confirm it's size from one actual bass vi, and I can't get a hold on this plate or even on a bass to measure it. I really need the measures of the switch plate and the size of the carving for the plate.

I got this image from a post on ozbass post just to illustrate the question

*I have measured a jaguar switch plate and the toggle switches, and when I drew the 4-switch plate based on it, I got a completely different (and bigger) measure.

tammyw
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Bass VI control plate

Post by tammyw » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:42 am

I'm not sure if the Squier is any different, but I measured a Fender I have and the plate is about 3.23" x 1.57" overall. The switches are spaced 0.6" center to center, and the plate mounting screws are about 2.85" apart. The body cavity measured about 2.43" x 1.47" and it was probably 1.375" deep.
All pain and troubles melted away like lemon drops beyond the contrails across the sky.